DVDVR Message Board

Ya know I wonder if WWE should partner with DDP. Occasionally send the NXT crew to the DDP Performance Center to get them to do his yoga routine while at the same time spending their days sitting under the learning tree with Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. Of course I think there should be a week at the NXT Center where the NXT crew just sit and watch Piper, Dusty, Roberts promos and angles all day long.

One of the things that has become obvious from listening to Steve's podcast (and to an extent, Jericho's), is just how much guys used to learn from hanging with vets while traveling on the road. They may sort of be doing this already, but I think they need to bring guys like Roberts, Hall, Waltman, Austin, etc... in for a few weeks at a time to just hang out at the performance center, watch people, and offer advice, etc... as something akin to a "visiting professor" or a "veteran in residence". In addition to the younger guys getting that exposure, it could help the WWE scout people to serve as trainers/agents.

Judging by what Bayley said about how Dusty influenced her development, that's kinda what they do.

It must be frustrating though:

"Now, baby girl, let me tell youu what we uthed to do...oh, they won't let you do that now?  Well, den, you could alwayth as a heel, you could...oh, wait, they won't let you do that now?  Well, one time when i needed some reeal heat I would...oh, they won't let you do that?  Only Cena can do dat?  I theee...Damn, girl...maybe wear thmaller shortth?"

• Like 6

"Now, baby girl, let me tell youu what we uthed to do...oh, they won't let you do that now?  Well, den, you could alwayth as a heel, you could...oh, wait, they won't let you do that now?  Well, one time when i needed some reeal heat I would...oh, they won't let you do that?  Only Cena can do dat?  I theee...Damn, girl...maybe wear thmaller shortth?"

Hasn't it been said that whenever the office told one of the NXT kids no, Dusty would just call up Hunter and get everyone else overruled?

Hasn't it been said that whenever the office told one of the NXT kids no, Dusty would just call up Hunter and get everyone else overruled?

Summer Rae told a story on the Renee Young Network show that her original name wasnt Summer Rae but something else and she was sitting in promo class and Dusty asked what her name was a Dusty didn't like it and told her she needed to change it and she told him that the office wasnt going to listen to her if she called and told them she needed a name change so he told her not to worry about it he would take cre of it and the next week her name was Summer Rae.

So the Unleashed episode this week was part 1 with Scott Hall. The timeline skips around a bit but it goes from Hall's start into the business to just touching on Razor Ramon. Also listening to Scott explain how he talks to Cody about the business was nice. Also Scott seems to get the business so much more than a lot of his contemporaries did/do.

I still believe that if they can arrange it so Scott's not tempted by the extracurricular activities that did him in before, him in the Performance Center would be ideal.  Can't wait to hear this.

According to his "best friend" Nash, that ain't happening.

DDP on the podcast today. I turned it off once he started making a case for him being in the HOF.

Make a case for him NOT being in the HoF. He was a top player in the Monday Night War Era with multiple World Title reigns. If Goldberg would be considered a candidate for the HoF, which I think many would say he is, DDP has to be as well.

DDP in the WWE HOF is certainly within the realm of possibility.  It will probably be a while, but it will happen eventually.

It will definitely happen.  He belongs there.  Anyone who says a bad word about DDP's WCW run is a jerk in my book.  Even towards the end, he was doing solid work and was always pretty enjoyable.  

Make a case for him NOT being in the HoF.

Easily: "the WWE HoF is a meaningless work in which the company arbitrarily inducts whomever they happen to be fond of at the moment, or whomever's inductions would be timely or good for business that year".
  • Like 1

I'm sure he'll get into the HOF eventually, but that wasn't what aggravated me.  I just get turned off by his grandiosity sometimes.  It was more of his "why am I not in the HOF yet?" attitude that made me not want to listen to the rest of the podcast.  

Make a case for him NOT being in the HoF.

Easily: "the WWE HoF is a meaningless work in which the company arbitrarily inducts whomever they happen to be fond of at the moment, or whomever's inductions would be timely or good for business that year".

The meaningless and arbitrary parts don't exactly make the argument against him being in.