DVDVR Message Board

After having my email question no sold at least twice, i got to ask my "memories about the world class feud with Chris Adams, Toni and Jeannie" to Austin at the JR show tonight.

He put ober how it put him on the map, including winning PWI rookie of the year,

The Bonnar episode was hard to listen to.  Sounded like he got shitfaced after two beers and was marking out in the worst way possible.  What a dork.  I hope he never appears on WWE television.

I'm saving these last two eps for the drive to Nola tomorrow.

The Hayes interview is really great, and not anywhere near the bullshit self praising thing people expected.

I listened to it tonight at the gym.  You're so right.  One of my favorites I've listened to.  I could listen to stories about Terry Gordy all day.  It's awesome how anyone and everyone who ever tells a story about Gordy has to quote him in an imitation of his voice to make the story even better.  And it's one of the Austin interviews that feels so comfortable just because of the long and good relationship between he and Hayes.

As a bonus, Austin says fuck it and sings us Jambalaya.  I love that he got the plans of doing a legends thing with Hulk Hogan and The Rock at Mania, went to Vince, said it was a little flat and that he wanted to sing jambalaya instead.

I had listened to the Lita interview earlier while driving and he told the story on that one, so it was hilarious to hear him not only tell the story again, but go further and sing it.  It was a legit laugh out loud moment for me.

I just listened to the Hayes one and thought it was great. Kinda crazy that he retired, basically, when he was only 34. Yes it was hilarious that he thought he got a great match out of Luger when in all actuality Luger got a good match out of Hayes.

• Like 1

Luger was insanely great in 89. If I remember correctly it was a pretty good match. Not as good as Luger against Pillman or Steamboat but still pretty good. People undersell how good Luger actually was back then but Luger was pretty great that year.

• Like 1

Sure but if it's the other guy leading him through it then to the wrestlers themselves, it's a personal achievement.  It's just a different perspective on a match.  To us, it doesn't matter and that's the magic of pro wrestling. 

Anyway, I like how Austin is a guy who is very old school in some ways but is willing to go a bit "inside wrestling" with his guests if they're game for it.  The conversation with Big Show about Show learning to stop waiting for the other guy to do something and looking like an idiot or learning how to really get fired up was something you don't get on other podcasts.

Still waiting for him to get Bret back on and for them to go in depth on their matches.