DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-6-14 - Old School Raw

MGFanJay

What the fuck is a guy like Don Muraco doing that he can't show up for Old School Raw?

Living in Hawaii?

I also think I'm at the point where I don't want to see Flair anymore. He was so sloshed tonight and was slurring his words like crazy it was awful, he looked terrible, even for modern day Flair.

yeah, Flair also sounded like that in his motivational speech to the 49ers. So it might be consistent intoxication or he just sounds bad all the time

hopefully Jake didn't get a contact buzz from getting too close to Flair

Brian Christopher has always looked like his father; but older, pudgy out of shape Grand Master Sexay really looks like The King.

If I were The Uso's, I'd be seriously concerned for dad's health. I know Samoan's are naturally big, but Rikishi is looking pretty bad.

Brian Christopher has always looked like his father; but older, pudgy out of shape Grand Master Sexay really looks like The King.

If I were The Uso's, I'd be seriously concerned for dad's health. I know Samoan's are naturally big, but Rikishi is looking pretty bad.

Rikishi's 48, so.. let's see, how many Samoan family guys have been working at that age

Afa in 1990? probably not. Sika in 1993? Doubtful. Samu turned 48 in 2011. Tama is Rikishi's twin brother and doesn't seem to be doing anything. Two of the Samoans died before 40 (Umaga/Yokozuna). So Rikishi probably beat a few odds by being able to do some sort of wrestling at 48 and not being stopped by any sort of fish-aided stomach viruses/heart attacks.

Also love that "i'm gonna attempt a sunset flip on a guy whose finisher is a butt drop" finish. At least the didn't finish on the world's slowest Worm

I remember when Reid died and Meltzer flat out said Flair would never get over it. I think he, intentionally or otherwise, is going to drink himself to death.

If Flair's liver hasn't given out yet, when will it? Guessing it's at a Keith Richards level by now

He's already got heart palpitations or something like that from the drinking. Ah well, he's had a long good (and bad) life, let him do what he wants. I am certainly no one to talk about boozing it up...

I was wondering if they would let the Rikishi Driver appear but no dice. He was moving a little slow but it wasn't that bad.

I just had a idea: Next week, have The Patriot come back. Someone inform him that old-school Raw was last week. Then just have him hang around until he eventually wins a match to "win a contract," etc. Obviously, you'd have a new guy under the mask, but they could do some old Kurt Angle-style bits with a new Patriot. For extra yuks, make it someone really obvious like Ryback. "No I'm not, I'm the Patriot."

i'm guessing the post-match if Backlund won the poll would be a Chickenwing Crossface. And no idea if they would have let Arn do a Spinebuster post-match if he won.

Although Slaughter winning that poll is pretty not-surprising. The guy has a pretty solid record of winning fan polls.

Considering how much they love the app, i'm surprised they haven't brought back Cyber Sunday/Taboo Tuesday and used all-app voting for the variables

The crowd tonight were noticeably flat when Daniel came out. He still got cheered, but nothing like he used to.

JUST WAIT AND SEE WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO IMPATIENT?

Just let Greg write an essay detailing why the angle will work. He'll show Reed how wrong he is.

I was going to suggest that, tired of Bryan's constant pops and crowd reactions at the wrong time (see: the Slammys), WWE set out to intentionally fuck him over with this angle and ensure he came out of it considerably less over that before.

But, on second thoughts, I think they really are just that inept and think this storyline is good is going to make him a bigger star.

I missed most of the show on account I was passed out. Saw like the last hour I think. Brock and his BRAWCK FACE while doing the arm bar on Mark Henry was hilarious. So I guess Brock/Big Show is a thing now? I saw on twitter a couple of people say how are we supposed to take Big Show seriously after he was twerking last week in a diaper.

Well if the eventual Brock/Show match is anything like the match they had at Survivor Series 2002, it should be fun. I'm sure Brock can still suplex Show around like he was a cruiserweight.

The Bad News Barrett scissor lift continues to be one of my favorite parts of the show. Next week the lift will go even even higher and Barrett will be in the catwalk.

Punk/Reigns was a damn good match. Reigns setting up for the Superman punch is so awesome. But man that ending with Jake coming out. He looked like he was about ten years younge. Ambrose is living the dream. He quite possibly could have had the last non-wrestlemania match The Undertaker will ever had, took a bionic elbow, and now got smothered by Jake's Snake. If you told him this a couple years ago when he was in CZW getting cut up with a skill saw he probably would have said you were nuts.

• Like 1