DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Are the Raiders within $50 million of the cap yet or are they just biding their time, waiting for their moment to strike?

Well-llll, Reggie decided not to tag left tackle Jared Veldheer (or end Lamaar Houston), so he decided to overpay for Rams guard Rodger Saffold

Saffold has missed 17 games over the last three seasons

Word got out late Wednesday that Saffold failed his physical. Mike Silver reported that Saffold could've gotten surgery, but owner Mark Davis said, "nyet"

Saffold has since agreed to a new deal with the Rams, pending a physical

No left tackle, no Houston, but they resigned McFadden

Grandpa Al may be dead, but his legacy of his last 15 years lives on

How the heck do you people rag on Golden Tate and not mention that he got busted for breaking into a donut shop as a rookie?

Dude had the munchies for some sweet, sweet maple bars. Don't act like you've never burgled some

• Like 1

Bills add some depth on D with LB Keith Rivers(Giants) and CB Corey Graham(ravens). . . 

I am not sure how much depth it is when one of the guys is someone I barely remember being on the Giants

Must say I love the hypocrisy of Skins fans.  They have telling us for years about how awful it is that they try to win the offseason super bowl by buying as many name free agents as possible under vinny Cerrato.  But every time there is a big time player released it is:  I WANT SPROLES I WANT REVIS I WANT TALIB.    Skins fans so upset that Sproles went to the Eagles even though it would cost them a draft pick that they can't afford and update a position they don't really need unless they are use him as special teams returner primarily.

That being said I am not sure the use of Sproles in Philly when you got Shade McCoy doing the same.  

That being said I am not sure the use of Sproles in Philly when you got Shade McCoy doing the same.  

Unless you're paying them what the Panthers are paying Williams and Stewart - not that I'm bitter or pessimistic or anything - you can never have too many versatile, pass catching HBs.

Eric Decker to the Jets - 5 years, $36.25 million ($15 million guaranteed)

He needs to give Peyton 5% of his paycheck. There's no way in God's name he replicates his last two seasons with Geno Smith as his QB even as a first option.

Also, Sproles in THAT offense is going to be a lot of fun. Maybe not the same fantasy manna he was in New Orleans, but fun. They grab Steve Smith to boot and they've got a Midget All Star Team.

• Like 1

Must say I love the hypocrisy of Skins fans.  They have telling us for years about how awful it is that they try to win the offseason super bowl by buying as many name free agents as possible under vinny Cerrato.  But every time there is a big time player released it is:  I WANT SPROLES I WANT REVIS I WANT TALIB.    Skins fans so upset that Sproles went to the Eagles even though it would cost them a draft pick that they can't afford and update a position they don't really need unless they are use him as special teams returner primarily.

To not make Shady carry the load himself.  The things the Eagles lack that most other teams have is a good second RB, because you can't go a whole season with only 1 consistant RB.  Shady is a bit injury prone as well.  Sproles is also a better back than McCoy up the middle, which the Eagles have lacked for years now.  Pretty good pickup for only a 5th rounder.  That should finish off setting up the offense (outside of a decent backup for Foles, since Vick has long outlived his usefulness), so the draft can patch up the remaining holes in the Defense.

Are the Raiders within $50 million of the cap yet or are they just biding their time, waiting for their moment to strike?

Well-llll, Reggie decided not to tag left tackle Jared Veldheer (or end Lamaar Houston), so he decided to overpay for Rams guard Rodger Saffold

Saffold has missed 17 games over the last three seasons

Word got out late Wednesday that Saffold failed his physical. Mike Silver reported that Saffold could've gotten surgery, but owner Mark Davis said, "nyet"

Saffold has since agreed to a new deal with the Rams, pending a physical

No left tackle, no Houston, but they resigned McFadden

Grandpa Al may be dead, but his legacy of his last 15 years lives on

LOL Raiders. . . original contract was something like 5 years, 42 million, 20 guaranteed. . . .

So, yeah.

#89 was released today by the Carolina Panthers.

It's right for business but sucks for the fans. I await his signing with New England with sad resignation.

Philly's been looking at him too, but I'm not sure we got enough cap room to pay him.  The downside to not having Reid.

Cutting Peppers oversized contract and signing Houston on the cheap was a great start to the offseason.  Willie Young played well against the Bears last year, so I'm down with that signing as well.

Tillman left Lovie's camp without signing so there is still chance we can snag him back!

So, yeah.

#89 was released today by the Carolina Panthers.

It's right for business but sucks for the fans. I await his signing with New England with sad resignation.

This morning on WFNZ

"Put your goggles on cause there’s going to be blood and guts everywhere.” - Steve Smith on the possibility of playing the Panthers.

This is gonna suck so much.

• Like 2

Yeah, that sounds about right.

I can almost see him signing with Tampa or NO for almost nothing just to play Carolina twice a year.

In general, I'm not optimistic about 2014 at all.

It might be interesting seeing the latter part happening.  The Saints could use a slot receiver .

Cutting Peppers oversized contract and signing Houston on the cheap was a great start to the offseason.  Willie Young played well against the Bears last year, so I'm down with that signing as well.

Tillman left Lovie's camp without signing so there is still chance we can snag him back!

So who is it down to now, us and the Panthers? Man I really want him back.

Yeah, I'd say Carolina is the favorite at this point.  I'm sure Lovie still wants him, but it would be hard to pay him what he wants after signing Verner.

I wish he was healthy last year so we could have seen what's left in the tank.  I hope he gets paid, but damn I wish we could get him back.