DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

The Bills and Rogers Media have announced that the partnership has been postponed a year

Ie: the Bills won't be playing a game in Toronto this year. (and probably not ever again)

I know Rick Reilly is viewed as a weenie, and with good reason.  But here's his latest ESPN column. Good grief, I didn't realize Jim Kelly was dealing with all this.  I knew his son had died and the jaw cancer situation, but not all this.  Wow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10549870/former-buffalo-bills-quarterback-jim-kelly-patiently-endures-cancer-loss?ex_cid=espnapi_public

• Like 1

Rick Reilly is a lying scumbag but that article deserves a word i rarely use online:

Holy. Fuck.

Had no idea about any of that stuff other than his son passing. Godspeed, Jim.

The Bills and Rogers Media have announced that the partnership has been postponed a year

Ie: the Bills won't be playing a game in Toronto this year. (and probably not ever again)

YESSSSSS!!!!!!! Those games are freaking death, a neutral crowd at best, and awful to watch on tv, always a late home game too. . .

More cuts are starting to happen

- Broncos dump Champ Bailey

- Devin Hester says the Bears let him go

- Redskins get rid of Adam Carriker and 2011 TEAM MVP~! Sav Rocca

- Steelers showed the door to Levi Brown so we can all continue to laugh at how bad that trade was

- Cortland Finnegan was released by the Rams... possibly via Twitter. Stupid websites.

- And the Browns dropped Davone Bess

Can't wait for the release of that grinning jackass Miles Austin; the poster child for superstars that never materialize from the aberration of one breakout season.

Kind of a harsh opinion for a guy who's had injury problems pretty much his whole career.  He had a full year where he was relatively injury free and it happened to come at a time where Dallas just got rid of Owens and needed a number one receiver.  It was just great timing.  But he's had injury problems ever since.  He's a genuinely good receiver who when healthy is fast, runs good routes, and has great hands.  He could be the poster child for that, but he's not like a Braylon Edwards or Koren Robinson or someone who had a good year but when defenses paid attention to him just couldn't get the job done. 

Per Ian Rapoport - Colts have agreed to a deal with D'Qwell Jackson

4 years/$22M, with $11M guaranteed.  Appears to be a front-loaded deal, so he can be cut with not much of a cap hit after Year 3 if necessary. Basically, it's a 2 year/$11M contract that has no guaranteed money around the time Luck and other young players have to be paid.  Not a bad move.  A little more than I would have liked to have seen paid, but apparently other teams were interested, so that drove up the going rate.

I'll miss Devin Hester. Yeah, it would have been nice if he were able to translate some of those skills to Wide Receiver, but Devin Hester provided some of the greatest moments for Bears fans of the last 10 years. During the Lovie Era you could count on two things: Defense and Devin Hester.

• Like 1