DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Man...Following in the footsteps of such hallowed threads like "lolraiders" and "lolknicks," we're going to have to pull the trigger on "loljets." That franchise is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

The Knicks ownership has to be funding this nonsense somehow to draw heat off of them.

• Like 1

Man...Following in the footsteps of such hallowed threads like "lolraiders" and "lolknicks," we're going to have to pull the trigger on "loljets." That franchise is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

The Knicks ownership has to be funding this nonsense somehow to draw heat off of them.

And I'm wrong for calling them the "JEST" why?  Just a reminder that they are the common enemy of all mankind.

Because no matter how poorly they are run, they still finish ahead of the shitbox team you cheer for. They have also won a playoff game in the last eighteen seasons. Let's stop and bask in the glory of that shittiness for a moment. Someone could be legal age to drink in Canada, and not remember the last time the 7/8Buffalo-1/8Toronto Bills actually won a playoff game.

Oh yeah, selling a home game to another city every season is a bigger F-U to your fans than allegedly being interested in that shitbum Vick.

Bills fans pointing out other teams shitty management is like a guy who sleeps with his cousin insulting Miz because he couldn't land someone hotter than Maryse.

• Like 1

The NFL is sending not-so subtle signals to Arizona Governor Jan Brewer that if she signs the "Religious Freedom Restoration" Act into law, Super Bowl XLIX will be moved.  

It's sad to see the NFL is so against freedom. 

• Like 3

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  1h

Eagles reached agreement with Pro Bowl OT Jason Peters on a four-year, $41.3 million, including $19.55 gtd, per his agent Vincent Taylor.

The NFL is sending not-so subtle signals to Arizona Governor Jan Brewer that if she signs the "Religious Freedom Restoration" Act into law, Super Bowl XLIX will be moved.

Best part? This has happened before. When a state didn't recognize MLK day.

Gee, which state was that again?

• Like 1

It takes a special type of person to take a stand against Martin Luther King day.  Nothing says "We don't give a fuck about what you think," more than trying to deny Martin Luther King Day.

• Like 1

Especially, even if signed, the Aclu would have it in front of a judge and have a preliminary junction filed to block it within, what 24 hours?  Still good for the NFL. . . 

Worth noting that AZ wasn't the last to recognize MLK Day.  South Carolina, in 2000, was.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  1h

Eagles reached agreement with Pro Bowl OT Jason Peters on a four-year, $41.3 million, including $19.55 gtd, per his agent Vincent Taylor.

Extended Kelce as well. Good way to use the money. On offense the team has only one glaring need. Right guard. Can address the defense in the draft. As for right guard what about Incognito? I'm sure Cooper could use a friend. 

Sharper accused of another rape in New Orleans, making it nine rapes in five different states. 

This is being scary.  It's downright terrifying.  What a monster

These are women who would have most likely had sex with him willingly too, he drugged and raped them any way.  This case is going to get ugly when all the details come out.

• Like 1

I tried to link but I couldn't figure it out from my phone. Anyway Panthers GM Dave Gettleman at the combine repeatedly spoke of Steve Smith in the past tense and was utterly noncommittal on his future with the team.

Not that classy of a way to deal with your team's greatest player ever, but football isn't classy. I'd hate to see him play elsewhere but I'm not in love with paying him $7 mill next year either particularly with how boned our cap is.

As if Steve Smith is in any way deserving of being treated with "class"

I don't really think Steve Smith is a bad guy, he is just a 5'9 guy who makes sure you won't treat him like a 5'9 guy.  Being his size he probably learned at a young age that he would have to lay hands on someone from time to time, just to stop people from fucking with him.  I was a short, skinny kid with big glasses and bad skin and people liked joking on me until they realized an ass whooping was a very real possibility.  Steve Smith makes sure you realize that an ass whooping is a very real possibility, and his life is probably a whole lot easier because of it.