DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Better than smacking team mates because you are short.

We will never agree and I'm bored. OK. You're right and I'm wrong. Not really but whatever.

And Megatron won't win a Super Bowl until he inevitably moves on.

We will never agree and I'm bored. OK. You're right and I'm wrong. Not really but whatever.

As opposed to Steve Smith, who has won thousands of superbowls in Carolina?

As opposed to Steve Smith, who has won thousands of superbowls in Carolina?

He got a hell of a lot closer than Megatron, didn't he?

Apparently the competition committee is talking about making Extra Point attempts be from the 25 yard line - thus making it a 43 yarder

That's much better than abandoning it completely.

And still eons worse than "Leave it the fuck alone".   Does a XPA for 2 get moved back to the 25 also?  

Asses. 

• Like 2

That's much better than abandoning it completely.

And still eons worse than "Leave it the fuck alone". Does a XPA for 2 get moved back to the 25 also?

Asses.

I think a lot if teams would be ok with moving the 2-point conversion back gives them more room to work with.

Point of clarity regarding Alex Mack

He was only given the transition tag - so basically the Browns have right of first refusal and can match any offer from another team. But there is no compensation attached (the franchise tag means a team would have had to give up 2 first round draft picks)

Move the 2 point convert line back to the 5 yard line, move the one point convert snap line back to the 10 yard line, that way the convert becomes a 27 yard kick. Should be automatic, but could be missed, and could entice teams into going for 2 more often. Putting the convert snap line back to the 25 yard line almost guarantees teams going for two point converts, especially if they leave the 2 point snap at the three yard line.

Move the 2 point convert line back to the 5 yard line, move the one point convert snap line back to the 10 yard line, that way the convert becomes a 27 yard kick. Should be automatic, but could be missed, and could entice teams into going for 2 more often. Putting the convert snap line back to the 25 yard line almost guarantees teams going for two point converts, especially if they leave the 2 point snap at the three yard line.

And thus Fake 2's are immediately gone forever.

This rule does not need a change.