DVDVR Message Board

Justified

Jrag

I think I just hit my limit on Boyd's endless reversals of fortune in pursuit of heroin. Didn't help that Raylan's side of the episode was just kinda "there," even though I do love Alicia Witt as Wendy Crowe.

For comparisons's sake:

In 1.8, Boyd finally got out of prison.

In 2.8, Mags gave her epic sermon at the town meeting that tipped the Black Pike deal her way.

In 3.8, Quarrels killed Gary and framed Raylan for it.

In 4.8, Hunter Mosley killed Arlo.

Episode 8 tends to be the point that something major happens that sets the stage for the stretch run to the finale.

In 5.8, Raylan dicked around in some small-time business in search of the poor man's Loretta McCready, and Boyd suffered yet another of his endless setbacks. Now, it's entirely possible that at the end of the season, we'll look back at the move the Crowes pulled at the end as a major moment, but with the way Boyd's story has played out thus far, you'll have a hard time convincing me that episode 9 won't feature Boyd turning the tables on them. And then having someone else turn the tables on him. And then...Forever and ever, amen.

He wasn't really setback last night though. He knows that Daryl's guys are going to try and screw him and next week we'll see how he deals with it. I'd think it would be more annoying if the trip went off without a hitch. Getting a truck load full of heroin out of Mexico shouldn't exactly be a walk in the park.

Boyd will definitely be dead by the end of the series. I don't see any way around that.

If they're telling the hard, honest version of this story, Raylan dies, too, but I know they won't do that.

I've been saying this since season 2, but this show ends with Raylan and Boyd drawing down.  No other way to go about it, but I'm not sure who survives.

I'm actually really digging the Boyd/Crowes stuff.  Raylan is the one floundering this season except for the episodes where Art is involved.  Is Amy Smart the worst actor in this shows run?  Has to be.  I thought for sure Wendy (who has been great all season) was going to at least tell Raylan that her brothers were working for Boyd.  It felt like this whole episode was building to that moment and Raylans reaction would have been great.  It could have also worked as this seasons turning point.

Oof yeah Amy Smart is so bad. I always forget to mention it because everything else is more important.

Amy Smart is also #1 on the list of women that I don't know whether or not I find attractive. 

Also to point out, Boyd and his gang are on point, they figure out they're in a trap (first from Boyd testing the guy about Darryl fucking his sister and his henchmen catching on the spanish speaking guys let it known its a trap.

Gripes about the Boyd storyline spinning its wheels aside, this was at least a much better overall episode than last week. Raylan had a great story with DEA doppleganger (one doesn't have to squint hard to see Raylan and Boyd in place of Miller and Hot Rod somewhere down the line), and the way it dovetailed with Boyd's story at least created the illusion of something happening on that end of things, even if Boyd isn't in a much different place than he's been all season.

Plus, the United Nations of Assholes!

The Harris brothers should have killed Darryl.  Seriously, Boyd seems like he would love to have a couple of henchman around to discuss Shakespeare.  At the end of the day, the Harris bros. were guys who probably would have double crossed Boyd eventually.  He knows for a fact that Darryl is in the process of double crossing him right now.  I'd take the known unknown over the known known in that situation.

I kinda wish William Forsythe and Eric Roberts lasted more than two episodes.

So do I. I know its probably happened before, but this is the first time I can honestly recall watching Eric Roberts as a good guy in something so it was disappointing to not see him last a little longer.

The Harris brothers should have killed Darryl.

I don't think there was a person watching who wasn't shouting YES YES KILL DARYL GIVE US MORE HARRIS BROTHERS.

Nope, I wanted all three dead.