DVDVR Message Board

Justified

Jrag

I would rather have Foley back.

I liked the first episode though I agree about it being a bit too much. The thing is I actually think the stuff with the Crowes and Raylan was just right amount. It was the Detroit stuff that truly needed its own episode because that was quite strange and somewhat large amount going on.

I'm in the process of finishing up my rewatch of season 4 this weekend, and I forgot how many great Art Rants there were.

"That is some badass shit!"

Yeah, JUSTIFIED made me a Nick Searcy fan for life.  (True trivia fact: the "badass shit" monologue was originally Raylan's, but Tim Olyphant said "Naah, give it to Nick" - who promptly ran it down the field and through the goalposts.)

As I said on the old board, I would pay top dollar just to see Olyphant, Goggins, and Searcy sit on a stage and shoot the shit for two hours.

Ah, now that was fine episode of Justified. They always make the most out of the rare occasions they can get the actress who plays Loretta back.

Between the deal with Paxton's widow and all the problems with the drugs, Boyd's storyline continues to be a lot of narrative busywork through this episode, but I liked the scene at the meeting with Boyd, Duffy, and their dealers. It did a much better job of establishing how their partnership works than anything in the Detroit trip.

The bit at the end with Art looking into the Nick Augustine execution was verrrrry interesting, though.

Good episode, but Justified has a WWE problem in my opinion. The heels are never strong enough. They could have gotten a whole season out of a scheming Wood Harris.

That being said, it was a really interesting episode. I'd bet the pill whore who was told about the shipment is an acquaintance of Darryl Crowe.

If next season is truly the last season, something has to happen this year to transition back to Raylan vs. Boyd, right?

Based on how things are going for him through these first two episodes and some bits I've picked up from Goggins interviews, I think this season is all about pushing him over the edge of desperation so that he makes a choice that there's no coming back from. My Way Too Early guess is that he'll bust Ava out and go on the run with her.

The "pill whore" was previously on the show.  Just in case it might wind up being significant, I'll spoiler tag it:

She was the one that Colt beat the shit out of to try and find out info on Ellen May.  She, IIRC, had shacked up with Johnny Crowder later in the season.  So that could wind up being significant.

• Like 1

Wow.  This has been a great season so far.  Loved how the Art suspects Raylan story is somehow now connected to Wynn Duffy. Outside of Boyd Crowder there is no better person to throw on screen with Raylan.  Honestly all of the stories are tying together really well this year. 

Raylan underestimating Boyd is going to come back on him at some point.  He seems to think that he has Boyd pegged (small time criminal up to no good), meanwhile the wheels are falling off the seemingly massive Crowder/Duffy criminal organization and Raylan isn't even paying attention.

Man, I'm worried that Dewey is not going to make it out alive from this season.  I like that character too much for him to get killed.

Also, I really found the bit with Darrell yelling at someone that cafe con leche was more than coffee and milk.

Boy, they really cleaned house in this one. Bye, Theo. Bye, Canadians. Bye, Paxton & Co. Bye, Baptiste. I was just starting to like Baptiste right then, too.

Great episode for ART, and of course, the ending is a bombshell. Hard to believe they're putting that out there in just the 5th episode. Can't wait to see where they go with it next week.

I can't wait till Wynn Duffy finally gets off the sidelines. Surely, they didn't make him a series regular just so he could show up in one scene an episode and comment wryly on the proceedings. Not that this isn't an acceptable use for Wynn Duffy, but they have to have something more for him coming down the pipe.

• Like 1