DVDVR Message Board

Ryback/Punk Nonsense

Craig H

Bald and Goatee is not a unique look, even in 1997. Maybe Austin was ripping off Nikita Koloff. 

Context.  No one but the top guy in the other company was really rocking that look in 1997.  And the comparisons barely lasted because the gimmicks couldn't be more different.  But yeah, if you were flipping back and forth at the time, it made sense.  I remember a buddy telling me they looked alike and I had one of those Keanu meme moments. 

And I think it's time to exit the thread before I start liking Gonzalez's posts. 

Hey I know a dude who doesn't get on the internet who thinks that Ryback is a Goldberg ripoff so since everyone is just completely making shit up in this thread, I'll definitively state that all casuals think Ryback is a Goldberg clone.

"Casuals."  That's like  "GDI" for wrestling forums.  Also, you forced me to do a quick Google search for a wrestler with a scarecrow/strawman pic that I could post, and I failed. 

If someone wants to debate me on Cena, I'm all for it. This time last year I was writing how I couldn't stand Cena's character anymore and he needs to go away and while that was over-the-top, it's true... I hated his character and did not mind his little vacation.  

However, I'm not an idiot. I can see how great of a promo he is when he's given a little freedom and the toilet humor is turned off. He's far and away the best promo man they have on the current roster. What he was able to do this past week on RAW was an example of that.

In-ring..  I have always enjoyed his matches. He's had incredible runs with pretty much everyone. All types. All shapes and sizes. Even the match a couple weeks back with Sandow was fucking great.

That's the starting point of any debate....  Best promo and at the very least top 5 WWE worker. What's the issue with either statement?

That's the starting point of any debate....  Best promo and at the very least top 5 WWE worker. What's the issue with either statement?

I might dispute top 5 in terms of in-ring performance, but I wouldn't dispute top 10, and I think the difference between my #5 and Cena is not a large one, and can fairly be attributed to personal preference.

Because no one asked... Goodear's Official WWE (and NXT) Top Ten In Ring Performers

1. Daniel Bryan
  2. Antonio Cesaro
  3. Luke Harper
  4. Sami Zayn
  5. Seth Rollins
  6. Mark Henry
  7. John Cena
  8. Goldust 
  9. Dean Ambrose
  10. William Regal

That's it.  That's the list.

I've only read page one and page ten of this thread, nothing else. What the hell happened in between the other eight pages that got us to where we are now?

hyperbole, gimmicks, and a newfound love for Warrior and Goldberg.

Newfound? Warrior had more charisma in his gonads than the entire main event roster of today combined. Cena aside, there isn't anyone else on the roster today you would believably put over Goldberg. Both those guys owned. WWE is a bunch of blowhards and bitches. It's like saying people loved Arnold and Sly ironically, and that the world is a better place with Matt Damon and Ryan Gosling as heroes.

Awful.

• Like 2

Warrior was either a terrible wrestler who had a surprisingly high amount of good matches, or a good wrestler who had a truly inexplicable amount of god-awful matches, and I am honestly not sure which.

Goldberg was great at squashes, and he eventually developed into a perfectly serviceable main event guy.

Newfound? Warrior had more charisma in his gonads than the entire main event roster of today combined. Cena aside, there isn't anyone else on the roster today you would believably put over Goldberg. Both those guys owned. WWE is a bunch of blowhards and bitches. It's like saying people loved Arnold and Sly ironically, and that the world is a better place with Matt Damon and Ryan Gosling as heroes.

Maybe not Damon, and Gosling. But the world is better place with Jason Statham as our #1 action hero.

The Crank, and Transporter films are better than any of the films that Arnold, and Sly put out in the 80's. And he has more natural charisma than any of those two roid monsters ever had.

....  So, clearly, you have never seen First Blood.  Or The Terminator.  Or Commando.  Or Predator.  Or any of the Rocky movies.  Or Cobra.  Or Conan the Barbarian.

Hell, Statham isn't even successful.

(And I liked Crank, and didn't mind The Transporter.  But come the fuck on.)

• Like 1