DVDVR Message Board

Ryback/Punk Nonsense

Craig H

Comparing the Ultimate Warrior to Manami Toyota just broke my fucking brain...

They both work a very fast paced "Go Go Go" style and as I said it's a very less talented and more roided style. Not sure who else to compare him to except for maybe a faster Big E. There haven't been many bigger guys who like to sprint. But hey, let's take things out of context...

Batista vs. Cena, Taker, Edge beginning in 2007 is pretty good but then there is also that feud with Great Khali in there... With Warrior, I don't know, he doesn't come off as cool to me but I guess to a kid he would. Batista always had that vibe to him. I would have loved to seen that supposed heel Warrior running through people at Jake Roberts' command.

I think Warrior is pretty cool. Wears tons of neon, gets face paint, has super natural powers and gets to run around like a maniac. I mean that's every kids dream right there. 

I'm not saying his promo's were completely sensible either and weren't full of rambling, but around his crazy words there was usually a point. You kind of have to transcribe and study them to get it though.

I would have loved to have seen a heel Warrior too. He could have explained it as the gods forcing him to do evil things. Would have loved to have seen how he would have fit in with the Attitude Era. That would have been a sight.

You wanted to understand what he was saying. 

And after he wins the IC Belt from Honky until he leaves in 91, it is hard to find any bad Warrior matches. People keep saying he had all these bad matches but nobody has named any of the bad ones or explained what made them bad. 

You wanted to understand what he was saying. 

And after he wins the IC Belt from Honky until he leaves in 91, it is hard to find any bad Warrior matches. People keep saying he had all these bad matches but nobody has named any of the bad ones or explained what made them bad. 

Someone explain their point?  What do you think this is, actual discussion?

The WM7 match is only good if you're emotionally invested in the Savage/Liz storyline. Their Summerslam match is a million times better.

The Summerslam match is not nearly as good. They were never able to put a story together and it came across like they were waiting for Flair and Perfect to run in. I would almost call it outright bad, but I feel like I should watch it again. 

I'd rather watch the Crank movies than the match at WM7. I always found that unbelievably overrated. Maybe it's because the pin with one foot makes me furious.

Why do you hate America?

And I like the Crank movies but c'mon. That match, the commentary by Gorilla, the postmatch angle... it's WrestleMania in a nutshell.

Christ, I'd rather watch Warrior/Hogan 98 than the second Crank film. Dreadful.

One things I'd say about the Warrior is that, in his first run, he was never dull. A bit slapdash in places, but unlike most muscle men of the 80's WWF, he had kinetic energy. If this meant he worked shorter matches at times due to his stamina, fine, at least he didn't bore the crowd, and his big matches often delivered.

Kicking out of five top-rope elbows drives me crazy too. Warrior was Davey Richards before Davey was Davey.

Davey is 160lbs soak and wet. Probably 5'3". Maybe he actually weighs more than that but who cares..  the point is he is a small indy dude kicking out of a hundred finishers and we are discussing the fucking ULTIMATE WARRIOR. There doesn't need to be an explanation. He has connections to the Gods.

• Like 1

And the spot was Savage's idea, George Steel kicked out of the elbow at Wrestlemania 2 and of course the stuff with Hogan. 

Plus Savage survived a lot of Warrior attacks during that match. 

The Big Splash which led Ultimate Warrior talking to his hands selling doubt.

• Like 1