DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

I'm fine with the Cousins move but only if it ends in Shanny and Cousins winding up together elsewhere next season after Kirk wins these last few meaningless (for the Washington Football Team) games.

So basically if this ends like Any Given Sunday I'm with it.*

* I truthfully don't care, and in fact whatever is worst for the Redslurs is fine by me.

As for Cutler, any Bears fan who isn't lockstep behind their best QB in modern times is nuts. Give him the dough and play him whenever he's up for it.

Panthers/Jets ought to be a snorefest, but make no mistake, it's a loseable game for the Cats.

The single season record for passing yards is also within Peyton's grasp, albeit a bit more difficult to obtain than the TD mark. He needs to average 333 yards over the last 2 games to pass Brees. Considering that he's averaged 343 yards per game up to now, that certainly seems attainable.

I was pretty tired to comment on Thursday's game, but it was a good win.  And it was a textbook example of how to beat the Broncos: keep Peyton on the sideline and chew up the clock.  A fortunate bounce with the interception late helped put the game away.  Chargers still need to win out against the Raiders and Chiefs to really have a shot at the second wild card slot, but it's still very possible.

So that guy has a new batch of his "if NFL teams had european type football badges" logos out

http://www.footballasfootball.com/

I really don't like the new Colts one, and the Bears one looks awful, but damn, that San Fran one is ridiculous.

I feel the same about Jacksonville's. I can barely tell that is suppose to be a Jaguar logo.

And I'll be wasting my Monday night watching them blow their best chance in forever to win the North. I cannot tell if it is parity or a general suck that has clouded the NFC North, NFC East and AFC South this year but wow. Although if Rodgers wasn't hurt they probably have this division locked up.

Do we really want the Chargers to get the second wild card? I mean, they will inevitably choke it away despite leading by 21 going into the fourth or River will fumble the kneel down to end the game to then have it taken back for the go ahead. It's like watching a slightly more successful Lions team.

And I'll be wasting my Monday night watching them blow their best chance in forever to win the North. I cannot tell if it is parity or a general suck that has clouded the NFC North, NFC East and AFC South this year but wow. Although if Rodgers wasn't hurt they probably have this division locked up.

The Bears lost 3 pro-bowlers on defense and few other defensive starters due to injury. Pack have had some injuries on the defensive side as well. It isn't just Rodgers.

I wouldn't lump them in with the other two divisions, but I guess the end result is similar. At full strength it would still be one of the best divisions in football. The Lions are incredibly fortunate to have a lead on the division at all, but they will still give someone else a shot at it i'm sure.