DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

Eh, tonight's game is gonna suck anyway.  

Gronk has been confirmed as having a torn ACL.  He is done for the season.  

And all of the sudden, the Dolphins/Patriots game on Sunday got a lot more interesting. 

I did, but I'm just bringing to mind how long he's been on the bench. When he's on the field, he's an unquestionable MVP, especially this season. I don't see how the Pats advance to the Super Bowl without him.

That was a simul-response between you and me there. Wasn't piling on.

Anyway I'm just bitter because my fantasy season built around the Brady-Gronk surge is dead in the water. First world problems.

I took a chance with the Kaepernick-Davis strategy, since their chemistry was still up in the air at the beginning of the season.  It's worked out pretty well this season.  

Oh and guess what.   All these rules about hitting low to prevent concussions?   Guess who tore his ACL/MCL yesterday *AND* has a concussion?

http://deadspin.com/rob-gronkowski-also-has-a-concussion-is-the-nfls-late-1479706054

Lawrence Jackson said it was a bitch move - could have hit him in the chest but went low.

Pretty soon breathing on the receiver will be 15 yards.

Is it impossible to tackle a guy above the knees and below the neck?

At that speed? It's not as easy as you think.. Having a strike zone would be terrible for the sport. It would help if referees stopped calling penalties on hits that were not actually helmet to helmet.

You should be able to challenge that. Actually, you should be able to challenge anything. If you keep it to two challenges, why not..

I'd love to make points about Dez Bryant being a literal son of a whore and Tony Romo being the worst value for money signing in modern times but I don't have the energy.

Much like Matthew Stafford trying to recover his own fumbles.

Only in America would it be the QB's fault that some degenerate fat guy snapped the ball a foot over his head.

The same America that pays Tony Romo hundreds of millions of dollars to lose when it matters.

staffphi.gif