DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

Oh and

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 11h
Shout out to @WWE superstar & Washingtonian @WWEDanielBryan for 3 #Slammy wins tonight and a rousing acceptance speech: #GoSeahawks
  • Like 1

So according to the 4 letter network, Kirk Cousins will start against the Falcons on Sunday.   So the plot thickens even more.  Richie Rich says he won't interfere in the decision.  I guess we will see how buddy buddy RG3 and the boss really is.

I wonder if RG3 is going to do his usual Wednesday press conference but that is going to be awkward.  

Shanny is jerking everyone around at this point.  If he gets fired now, he gets bought out of his contract, which Synder is trying to avoid.  RGIII is going to be beyond pissed and things are about to be dicey with him and Cousins.  Not to mention the locker room could be near 100% toxicity now.

What a grease fire.

There is a part of me that is loving this because if anyone deserves to get screwed it is Dan Synder gives his history of coaches, media, fans, etc.   Sort of like karma for how they fucked with guys like Jim Zorn and Marty Schottenheimer.  But this is so blatantly shitty and toxic for the team and fan base that you can't help but slapping the shit out of Shanny

Boswell said it best:  they both deserve each other but the fanbase doesn't deserve either of them

• Like 1

My Twitter feed is full of Skins fans fighting with each other over who is to blame and whether this is a good decision or not.

I mean people who couldn't wait to get RG3 jerseys are now all KIRK COUSINS IS THE BETTER QB!!!

God - Jeff Fisher or whoever it was who OKayed that trade deserves a raise today

Tuesday’s decision to replace the Week 16 Sunday night game between the Patriots and Ravens with a showdown between the Bears and Eagles surprised many.

And for good reason.  The Ravens are chasing the No. 6 seed, the Patriots are chasing the No. 1 seed while trying to hold off the Bengals for the No. 2 seed, and the two teams have met in the last two AFC title games.  (That said, Bears-Eagles has significant playoff implications, too.)

So why did the NFL swap the games?  According to John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal, the league made the decision in part to have maximum flexibility for the regular-season finale in Week 17.

The current broadcast contracts (which expire this year) require that the gap between games pilfered from CBS and FOX for Sunday night be more than three.  If Pats-Ravens hadn’t been flexed, the gap would have been at three, with CBS losing 25 and FOX losing 22.  Without taking a game from FOX for Week 16, only FOX could have lost a game for Week 17.  Now, both networks are in play for Week 17.

The goal for the league (and it’s always an NFL decision, not an NBC decision) when selecting the prime-time game in Week 17 is to identify a game that has playoff implications unaffected by any of the outcomes in the other 15 games.  That becomes easiest when two teams are squaring off for a division title, with the winner securing a playoff spot and the loser earning a trip home.

Think about this,  what if the Redskins beat the Cowboys at home in a couple weeks?   Not like the Cowboys in December are a huge favorite of anyone.  If that happens then Shanny will be going Austin 3:16 all over the DC area.

What if aliens came down from Mars and give Kyle Shanahan superpowers to make Pierre Garcon be able to catch passes thrown at his chest and Santana Moss not past his prime? I wonder....

At what point does Daniel Snyder bring out the overhead projector(For the record, Al Davis was 100% right about Kiffen)? 

Shanny could get this over right here and now if at his next press conference he calmly took off his Redskins Polo, started to fold it nicely before throwing it on the ground and saying, "I have talked it over with my family, some of which are proud decendants of the Native Americans who once ruled this great land, and I have decided for the remainder of my tenure here I cannot in good conscience wear a logo that is so hurtful of so many of my anscestors."  Snyder would fire him before he finished the sentence. 

Could they also make Tony Romo into a real boy, or is that just the blue fairy?

Maybe someone can get the Lions past seven playoff wins in franchise history and enough to get them up to .500.

Imagine if the past was all you had left because the future was Tony Romo? It would be a shameful thing.

I have no words really. Like I said to a friend, I never thought I'd see the day where the Skins are more dysfunctional than the Wiz, yet it gets worse and worse by the day.

At this point I'd rather have a triumvirate of Norv, Spurrier and Zorn with Jason Campbell as the QB.

I think it might be past time for a Redskins dumpster fire thread. . . on second thought, that team is more like the coal mine that was set on fire fifty years ago in west virginia and is still burning. No matter our team, from lions fans to Bills fans to Dolphins fans, no matter the shape of our teams, at least we can look at the Redskins, say a slight prayer it isn't our teams. Then laugh like HELL.

It would be pretty awesome for a Lions fan if they could say that.  But as it is they just have Matt Stafford.  

And yet on his worst day he still owned the Cowboys!

That would be the Cards game he played in last year where he threw two pick sixes to a team who had lost NINE straight games.