DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 4/24 - 4/30/2024 - Who's House? Gunn's House!

2 hours ago, Coletti said:

I thought the idea of butcher block countertops was wonderful (they look fantastic) until I was informed that most people straight up use them as cutting boards. I mean, that's their purpose, yes, but cutting food on your countertop without a separate board to thoroughly clean and eventually replace is absolute madman behavior. 

Those people are Philistines.  You always use a cutting board.  It's way too much work to upkeep the damn countertops to let a knife hit them.

• Like 2

Regardless of the obvious outcome, this will be a great platform for the Powerhouse to show his stuff. Mox rocks against the big boys. Shirakawa v Jay intrigues me. Curious to see what Jericho has in store for the FTW Championship. Willow's shown herself capable of cutting a promo, i hope this celebration provides a nice opportunity to further the cause. I'm down for Swerve v Fletcher ~weird style! 

• Like 1

I'll have to see where this is going. I hate heel authority figures more than anything else in wrestling, if this is the YB's way of "taking over" the promotion. Nothing will make me stop watching a promotion faster than having a heel making matches, setting up the good guys, etc.

Not saying that is where they are going but I'm just afraid they are looking to "spark" interest. To me the heel authority figure hasn't worked in over 20 years, I have zero interest in that. So I'm hoping it is just a way to get over The Elite as heels and not a sign of them literally taking over the promotion.

• Like 5

I don't like heel authority figures either but I do appreciate how they are taking the "Khan is a nice guy and wrestlers walk all over him" thing and running with it.  That's pretty darn good storytelling if you ask me. 

• Like 8

I'd be all for this leading to The Elite vs. Team Tony Blood & Guts, where the Young Bucks lose their EVP status. 

I was hoping we'd see the Motor City Machine Guns confront the Young Bucks tonight, but I guess that will have to wait. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't like heel authority figures either but I do appreciate how they are taking the "Khan is a nice guy and wrestlers walk all over him" thing and running with it.  That's pretty darn good storytelling if you ask me. 

The best gimmicks are part shoot. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Huh... You know, if that's the game plan, that's interesting. It makes it kinda funny in hindsight, all the people saying they were leaving money on the table by not making it an on-screen thing... they just wanted to do it without Punk in the company and that's an impressive level of hate and pettiness. 

*beefy arm meme with TK/The Elite and Drew McIntyre*

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coletti said:

Huh... You know, if that's the game plan, that's interesting.

I mean... that's what I took from it.  Tony comes out hugging and kissing Jack Perry like all's good and gets completely blindsided.  The commentary made mention of "what a nice and forgiving guy Tony is"  etc...  

Plus,  SHAD KHAN came out after the beat down which to me says "What has my son gotten himself into?"  

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I think that's where we're headed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

first Black World champion in AEW curtain jerks the show with a match, with only a segment announced (for next week!) to make his DoN title match official, the IWGP champion is the semi-show closer… but the show ender is the third rate Elite beating up Tony Khan.

Jack Perry is a main event level guy now, based off… getting put into a chokehold backstage by a bigger star, over a year ago.

This fuckin’ sucks.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I mean... that's what I took from it.  Tony comes out hugging and kissing Jack Perry like all's good and gets completely blindsided.  The commentary made mention of "what a nice and forgiving guy Tony is"  etc...  

Plus,  SHAD KHAN came out after the beat down which to me says "What has my son gotten himself into?"  

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I think that's where we're headed.

Something something Panama City Nitro parallel? 

Did I watch the show? No

Did I look up some GIFs? Yes.

What the fuck happened?

Alex “I need the Scoop” Marvez is a National Treasure

That transition from the IWGP logo to the belt was a nice cut

So was that a multi man match or are you just happy to see me?

lol at Jungle Boy’s gut punch to Tony

Did Mercedes do more than her away dance this time? Only saw Willow’s perspective. Oh, nvm, I saw the slap. She say stuff too?

SHAD THE DAD!

Was this a zany episode?

If TK is derped out, instead of heel EVP’s being authorities, have Shad the Dad bring in someone to be the on screen President of Match Making. Arn? Jerry Lynn? Dasha?

AEW is weird.

Edited by Octopus

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Did I watch the show? No

Did I look up some GIFs? Yes.

What the fuck did I miss?

Alex “I need the Scoop” Marvez is a National Treasure

That transition from the IWGP logo to the belt was a nice cut?

So was that a multi man match or are you just happy to see me?

lol at Jungle Boy’s gut punch to Tony

Did Mercedes do more than her away dance this time? Only saw Willow’s perspective. Oh, nvm, I saw the slap. She say stuff too?

SHAD THE DAD!

Was this a zany episode?

If TK is derped out, instead of heel EVP’s being authorities, have Shad the Dad bring in someone to be the on screen President of Match Making. Arn? Jerry Lynn? Dasha?

AEW is weird.

Dasha got released.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Feeling like I make this suggestion whenever this comes up, but the answer is Christopher Daniels.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Coletti said:

That was a fucking weird show to follow up and absolute banger of a ppv...

having a PPV on Sunday and the next show on Wednesday is what it is for momentum

also from the screenshots i've seen, Shad's mustache is tremendous as always

• Like 1

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Feeling like I make this suggestion whenever this comes up, but the answer is Christopher Daniels.

I love the idea of segments where wrestlers get mad at each other and want to have a match but neither of them can reach Daniels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

having a PPV on Sunday and the next show on Wednesday is what it is for momentum

also from the screenshots i've seen, Shad's mustache is tremendous as always

It’s-a, me. 

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

use AI as the general manager and blame it when the booking is unpopular

The beauty of this is you can use different celebrity voices 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1