DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/15 - 4/21/2024 - Policy of Awesome Truth

Be interesting to see whether the Undisputed WWE Championship, WWE Intercontinental Championship and WWE United States Championship get changed as well. The Undisputed WWE Championship needs replacing the most. Really hoping Cody Rhodes can bring back the Winged Eagle like he brought back a version of the classic WWE Intercontinental Championship at Hell in a Cell 2011.

Edited by The Natural

Sorry for the piecemeal recap. But man, Bayley/Naomi were tearing the house down until Tiffy Time showed up to run the proceedings. Best Naomi has ever looked. They need to run that back and let them have 15-20 minutes. Bayley is the absolute best. Naomi has always had really great athleticism and flashy moves and reacts well when taking damage. She’s just not-so-good at connecting all of that together, so a lot of her matches look disjointed. Bayley thought is at the very elite level of knowing how to tell a story in the ring. It’s in a way a perfect pairing. Naomi has all the ingredients, and Bayley is the Master Chef.

• Like 2

I like the new tag designs. 

No more blue colored straps anymore, and the WWE Smackdown Tags were renamed to the WWE Tag Team Championships. The new design is based on those old popular tag belts people liked from WWF 80s and the 90s.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kang said:

I like the new tag designs. 

No more blue colored straps anymore, and the WWE Smackdown Tags were renamed to the WWE Tag Team Championships. The new design is based on those old popular tag belts people liked from WWF 80s and the 90s.

The best tag team belts ever from WWF 80s-90s. Fittingly when the original WWE roster split began in 2002 and Smackdown needed their own tag team belts, the design was based on those.

• Like 1

So glad the WWE Penny Tag Team Championship are no more. The bronze was terrible, the silver was an upgrade by comparison but all belts should be gold. Few pull of the gold/silver and gold/nickel look. I can only say that about the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V3 and V4.

Cody's belt is called the Undisputed WWE Championship, they dropped the Universal part on tv and on the official webpage of Superstars. The championship is still two titles into one, so two title histories and one belt. Multiple lineages too.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, on LVL UP:

Riley Osborne d Kale Dixon - I will assume this was flippy and competent but I'm too tired for it right now.

Karmen Petrovic d. Wren Sinclair, in another really solid base performance from Wren, possibly the best Petrovic has looked outside of her very chippy series with Lola. I think this suffered a bit from being face-face and I'm not sure what Petrovic is going for with her makeup, but she has some great kicks and counters. The commentary re Wren's Harry Potter fandom was off-putting and infantilizing, which seems to be happening more and more as the NXT Women's division skews younger, but that's a concern for another time. 

Hank & Tank d Javier Bernal and Drake Morreaux in a very big, dumb, fun display of horseplay.

• Like 2

Knight/AJ was solid though I think I liked their WM match more.

The introduction of the new tag titles was nice. The new belts look really good. The 4-way right after was clusterfuck in the best of ways. Glad the Profits won.

The whole Solo/Heyman/Tama/KO segment was damn good. Solo making moves has been great. I love that his Bloodline is so much more vicious and savage. Will be fun to see how crazy they let it get, especially if Jacob Fatu is actually signed.

Carlito/Santos was alright but easily the weakest match tonight. 

Naomi/Bayley built into something good only to be ruined by Tiffany as it felt like they were reaching a new height. I assume we get a triple threat at Backlash. 

Pretty solid episode with some worthwhile matches and a standout segment with Solo taking over the Bloodline and a bloody KO.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

A week late, but saw Bron match vs Grimes. If they are saying “ he doesn’t work by the hour,” maybe he will get the Magnum/Goldberg push.

It will also test how much of a viewership NXT really gets if that is the case.  Most people now perceive  quick Goldberg like wins as them hiding his ability in the ring.  That is what they think of Jade and they aren't really wrong.   While Bron isn't ready for some 30 minute main event like match,  we all know he can have a banger 15 minute 

assuming no one has brought up that Solo hasn't won a match in over 6 months? if wins and losses are supposed to matter as he said in his promo, he should have been the first one kicked out of the group 

I don't watch WWE weekly TV so I can't comment on the show content, but I do see clips on Twitter and while I think on one hand the 'Kevin Dunn is gone so WWE is better' line of thinking is focused on too much, on the other hand it is indeed so much more watchable without his methods. I love the 'backstage to stage' shots, the one-take shots in the back, all of it. Presentation is so important and while I knew I didn't like Dunn's style, the changes are just so obvious that I do feel they deserve credit. Whoever they hired in his place is making much better decisions, I thought at WM they missed a few spots which will happen in wrestling but overall its night and day.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Sorry for the piecemeal recap. But man, Bayley/Naomi were tearing the house down until Tiffy Time showed up to run the proceedings. Best Naomi has ever looked. They need to run that back and let them have 15-20 minutes. Bayley is the absolute best. Naomi has always had really great athleticism and flashy moves and reacts well when taking damage. She’s just not-so-good at connecting all of that together, so a lot of her matches look disjointed. Bayley thought is at the very elite level of knowing how to tell a story in the ring. It’s in a way a perfect pairing. Naomi has all the ingredients, and Bayley is the Master Chef.

This is good point about Naomi and one of the reasons why her and Shayna have good matches, Shayna does a bunch of little things (staggering, delaying getting up) that makes Naomi's offense look better.

11 hours ago, Ace said:

So basically, they're releasing all the "These people will be our inroads into China/India" folks.

Haven’t they been trying this plan for 10/20+ years at this point? 

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I don't watch WWE weekly TV so I can't comment on the show content, but I do see clips on Twitter and while I think on one hand the 'Kevin Dunn is gone so WWE is better' line of thinking is focused on too much, on the other hand it is indeed so much more watchable without his methods. I love the 'backstage to stage' shots, the one-take shots in the back, all of it. Presentation is so important and while I knew I didn't like Dunn's style, the changes are just so obvious that I do feel they deserve credit. Whoever they hired in his place is making much better decisions, I thought at WM they missed a few spots which will happen in wrestling but overall its night and day.

I believe they said the new head producer is a guy by the name of Lee Fitting, he used to work at ESPN.  Totally agree on how much better the shows look.