DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/11 - 3/17/2024 - Chad of Green Gables

LWO/OTM was good. Both teams looked good, showing plenty of chemistry all around. 

Roxanne's segment was good and another case of a heel who isn't necessarily in the wrong for the most part. Lyra kind of brought that beating on herself. Looking forward ot Tatum/Roxanne next week. 

King/Stone was alright.

Oba/Brooks could have been a bit shorter, but it was pretty solid a longer semi-competitive squash. While it was nice to get a better look at what Oba is capable of Jensen, as he is right now, is not the person you really want to see working a longer match with Oba. Still with Dijak and Briggs both having their little faceoffs with Femi I assume we are either going with one of them or a triple threat for Stand and Deliver.

Arianna/Gigi was actually pretty decent and fun though that finish was unexpected. I think that is the first time a woman has been dqed for giving another woman a low blow in WWE. It was strange but also pretty amusing for the ridiculous faces both made when it went down. Happy to see Grace pick up the win. Will be interesting to see what makeover she gives Gigi.

Thea/Fallon vs. Kiana/Izzi was pretty nice. The post match with Thea finally acknowledging Jacy's real personality was nice to see though it all feels kind of late to head this direction after Jacy saved Chase U. Seems weird to go this direction with Jacy getting a similar reaction to Duke as dickish face. 

Holland/Spears was solid. Still not sure where it all goes.

The final segment with Trick laying everything out with the challenge to Melo was nice. The Meta-Four interruption was unexpected but worked out well as a moment for Trick to shine. That kiss with Lash has me wondering if she and Trick are actually an item in real life.

No great matches but plenty of fun with two standouts in in the tag matches. Dug most of the segments and I like the build so far for Stand and Deliver. Fun show overall.

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

Catching up on NXT and tonight and I must ask why do we have a "Fake Thea Hail" as Alvarez calls her?  She is basically the exact same person just taller.  I know they are trying to make Thea more adult and less a Chase U college girl but she hasn't changed that much you can do version 2.0

Same high energy, but the new girl is more about hyper positivity opposed to Thea's screaming warrior hype. I do think its strange, but I like what she brings to the table for Enofe & Blade. 

Edited by Eivion

4 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Dug Brooks looking like an 80s babyface in his gear. Just needs more chest hair.

PAY FOR SEPARATE WAYS YOU COWARDS

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Will be interesting to see what makeover she gives Gigi.

I feel like it might be leading to this year's Women's Dusty Cup? Fallon/Thea, Kiana/Izzi, Gigi/Ariana, Jacy/Jazmyn, Lash/Jakara all seem like they could bounce off each other pretty well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

PAY FOR SEPARATE WAYS YOU COWARDS

I feel like it might be leading to this year's Women's Dusty Cup? Fallon/Thea, Kiana/Izzi, Gigi/Ariana, Jacy/Jazmyn, Lash/Jakara all seem like they could bounce off each other pretty well.

If Brooks ever gets legit pushed I actually do kind of want them to bring back Separate Ways. They are too cheap to, but it would be nice. 

I'm hoping we get the Women's Dusty Cup post S&D/WM.

3 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Being hit in the pelvis hurts no matter what's down there.

I always thought it was weird how wrestling has trained people to think otherwise.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 12:16 AM, Curt McGirt said:

This got the Raw Watch (as in, very little) but I did catch Truth diving directly towards the camera and blasting JD, I think, in the back of the head with a huge plancha. At first I thought no one was paying attention and he flew right through the middle of them, but after rewatching a couple times it was clear that he was flying with such force that it was easy to look like nobody broke his fall. Such impact. It deserved a couple replays and then of course they didn't show it again at all. 

I feel the same as the bolded comment. I'm tuning in mostly to see Gunther, Gable, Zayn, McIntyre, Rock and Ripley. My FFWD does stop a wee bit more to see all the fantastic production tricks (not talking about those awful graphics like the giant Reigns). I can't stand most of the promo segments. On this show I tried to make sense of Rollins-McIntyre while FFWD most of Seth. I'm not sure there's anything I have greater distaste for than 'Freakin' on the mic. Jay Uso either on the mic or in ring is pretty close. Certainly no time spent listening to him here on this show. Excitement about a catchphrase feels very very WWE. Tho, I was probably equally as excited about Roddy Strong yelling 'Adam' on the other channel. I really hope Rollins catches the jeers at Mania. Drew McIntyre is one of the best things going in wrestling today. I was ready to dig the Cody Rhodes promo from all the hoopla, and I'm a fan of a good Cody yarn, but I found this promo embarrassing. Not saying it wasn't effective to this audience tho. The shit spectacle of Candice Lerae and Maxine wasn't something I'm gonna complain about. 'So bad it was funny', no? Becky v Liv was pretty fun. Nice bump by Lynch. Goddamn, Rhea Ripley is incredible. What the fuck on the Buddy Matthews pic? I guess they know he's returning at some point. I can't stand shows centered around authority figures, but Aldis and Pearce are nicely toned down from what I know of this tired trope and pretty great at making the most of their minutes. I skimmed Priest v Truth. Priest is really great. Yeah, that bump to the outside from Truth was insane. The Gauntlet set-up was pretty excellent, and the best of current WWE - their production. The actual match was excellent too, but I do wonder - did they say how they determined the entries? Doesn't seem like the fairest of ways to determine a top contender. Gable v Sami was indeed excellent. No surprise. The JD v Riccochet portion isn't getting nearly as much attention for obvious reasons, but those two were incredible. Man, I wish Jonah would have stuck around in NJPW longer. They're trying to keep him relevant here, but he never seems to win. The Tsunami is one of the best looking moves in wrestling. Up there with Toni Storm's hip attack. I liked what I saw of this show, but I would not want to sit thru an actual 3 hour broadcast hearing all these terrible entrance themes, catchphrases, Rollins/Uso etc promos. Also, Michael Cole and McAfee are an excellent duo. I didn't see her on the show (maybe I forwarded by something), but Jackie Redmond is as good an interviewer as I've seen in pro wrestling. Cathy Kelley's pretty great too.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

4 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

The actual match was excellent too, but I do wonder - did they say how they determined the entries? Doesn't seem like the fairest of ways to determine a top contender. 

All 6 guys had lobbied Pearce for the shot in the past 3 weeks, some of them more than once.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

If Brooks ever gets legit pushed I actually do kind of want them to bring back Separate Ways. They are too cheap to, but it would be nice. 

I'm hoping we get the Women's Dusty Cup post S&D/WM.

I always thought it was weird how wrestling has trained people to think otherwise.

It just goes to show, most wrestlers think of wrestling fans as people who would never understand a woman's body in that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cliff Hanger said:

All 6 guys had lobbied Pearce for the shot in the past 3 weeks, some of them more than once.

I get that. I just wonder how they determine that one guy will have to face five others while another has to face one. It's overthinking considering it's WWE, but this regime seems willing to explain things.

26 minutes ago, AxB said:

It just goes to show, most wrestlers think of wrestling fans as people who would never understand a woman's body in that way.

Its sad, but I'm not really sure there are strong arguments for that being an incorrect train of thought. People prove to be dumb and/or ignorant so often just in general.

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its sad, but I'm not really sure there are strong arguments for that being an incorrect train of thought. People prove to be dumb and/or ignorant so often just in general.

One look at the Bad Medical Takes twitter account will tell you all you need to know about the worrying lack of knowledge of the body no matter which gender is commented upon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eivion said:
6 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

https://youtu.be/JBBe5QfC6mo?si=RKiVY_KHl-Tw7dPN

I blame King of the Hill more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

This plus the clip floating around online of Cardona/Maki Itoh with his low blows to her not working is an interesting contrast.

On 3/12/2024 at 5:09 PM, Godfrey said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k7iJFHMm6Q&ab_channel=WWE

Chad Gable's post-match interview. Good stuff

I keep coming back to this interview. I can't tell if it's foreshadowing a heel turn or just adding fuel to the fire for Gable to eventually unseat Gunther. Or heck, have Sami win at Mania and then Gable challenges and wins the title on the RAW (Raw After Wrestlemania). Dude's been doing such good work that I almost want him to go straight to challenging McIntyre because I think those matches and promos would rule but he's been on a losing streak so it wouldn't really be justified. Also, for a brief second I wondered if he would join Imperium but no, then I thought they might shove him into the tag title whatever with Otis and that actually seems plausible

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Gotta love when you cut a promo that throws to clips like you’re sitting with Johnny Carson…

This Rock heel run has been unreal. He's gonna turn the Universe on that goofy dude.

• Like 1

Dear god The Rock’s promo once we got past the concert was all-time despicable heeling, Nothing quite like referencing the kids movie you starred in when saying you are going to beat a man with a belt and then hand his mom said belt. Incredible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1