DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEBRUARY 2024

9 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Would’ve been even better if they’d made some sort of notice of injury on the way out.

Not for nothing, but Rush posted on Twitter shortly after the CC ended that he had been working hurt, and would have to take time off. 

Now, he has announced on Twitter that he has healed.

• Like 1

What pay per view outlet will that CMLL card be on?

Also, I keep hearing here and other places that AEW is on life support. It's nuts; for a company that is allegedly on death's door, there sure are a lot of things picking up/going well. There's the huge pay per view crowds, the huge free agent signings (Okada, Mone, Ospreay), and now QT Marshall coming back on a backstage role. I'm not equating Marshall's importance to those others, but he's definitely a dude who would know if the ship he were re-boarding were sinking or not. Either a) he was told unequivocally "nah. hard pass" by the competition, b) the friend he has who is a huge mover and shaker at the competition told him "hey, not everything is Mai Thai's and Yahtzee over here", or c) QT just sees AEW as a viable long term employer. Marshall coming back will help in several ways, not the least of which would be giving "Cody guys" like Rick Starks, Ethan Page, Red Velvet, Preston Vance and others an advocate backstage. I get the sense Starks is looking for reasons to stay, and having his good friend QT back in a producer/talent relations role can't at all hurt.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

What pay per view outlet will that CMLL card be on?

I recommend going to Luchablog where cubs explained it. In theory, they should just let TK show the match a week or two later on his TV with English announcers.

• Like 4

I love how the first two options are "go to Mexico City" 😄 Then the rest are on different dates and tiers and prices. They don't make it easy, do they?

Back in the day we got free CMLL on Univision from a random month of the year and then we walked ten miles in the snow

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kang said:

Q.T. Marshal is back with AEW, as the Vice President of AEW. He won't be wrestling for AEW though, and he is taking wrestling dates outside of AEW.

So, did WWE not want QT?

Blue Panther says he doesn't understand english but did understand the challenge.

Clearly, in his years of wrestling abroad, Danielson mastered the language of "American speaking to non-American," i.e. just speak slower and louder.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I recommend going to Luchablog where cubs explained it. In theory, they should just let TK show the match a week or two later on his TV with English announcers.

I just want to hear “Head Scissors Jones over here”

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Infinit said:

YOOOOOOO

Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki, Bryan Danielson vs. Yuji Nagata and now Bryan Danielson vs. Jun Akiyama. Get in! Do want to see Bryan Danielson vs. Tetsuya Naito, Bryan Danielson vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Bryan Danielson vs. Shingo Takagi and Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada 3.

• Like 2