DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

Okay, so I am finishing up the My World pod which is basically a business diagnostic/State of the Union for pro wrestling for an hour and a half plus and then they talk about Vince specifically somewhat at the end. I say somewhat cause it's really just Conrad talking for the majority of time and giving his opinion. However, I don't think anything Jeff said could be construed as what happened to the business I loved as much it's a new day in pro wrestling and that's it for Vince. He started off by saying it was disturbing. He just did his delusional optimist thing he always does. If anything, Conrad (although he cleaned it up shortly afterwards to his credit) was trying to be the let me find an out for Vince from the abuse he suffered as a child, mental illness, etc.. At most, all Jeff did was trying to tie it back to his own personal story as well as his faith. That's the one thing I would push back on and Conrad halfway did that but again he knows Jeff calls himself the delusional optimist. You cannot really tie a success story with beating addiction and death multiple times with what Vince is going through especially when we don't know the full depth of this yet. That puts you closer in line with folks who managed to escape that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the topic of redemption, I can't speak for Jarrett, but I always viewed the Christian idea of redeeming yourself as being in the eyes of God. I think too many people view it as a get out of jail card, and it's not. It's you repairing your relationship with God, and part of that is accepting your punishment in the mortal world. So while it's always possible Vince could be redeemed, any claims of such shouldn't be taken at face value, and it shouldn't mean he gets out of earthly punishment.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mystman said:

On the topic of redemption, I can't speak for Jarrett, but I always viewed the Christian idea of redeeming yourself as being in the eyes of God. I think too many people view it as a get out of jail card, and it's not. It's you repairing your relationship with God, and part of that is accepting your punishment in the mortal world. So while it's always possible Vince could be redeemed, any claims of such shouldn't be taken at face value, and it shouldn't mean he gets out of earthly punishment.

k1gkl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, mystman said:

Having grown up in the black church, unfortunately, that seems to be the case for A LOT of people to abuse that tenet or find ways to condone the abuse. To get this off of religion and tie it back to Vince, it's insane to write a redemption story when they themselves aren't looking for redemption. Vince had almost eight decades to get his life together when there are folks who never got life cause they were stillborn or died in a car accident as a teen or for whatever reason did not get to enjoy a full, long fruitful life. You might not believe in karma or even a higher God, BUT there is always a decent chance that if you abuse life, life will abuse you back. That has come home to roost.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Not funny, but when I read Madusa's tweet, it took me several reads to realize she was saying H-Bomb or some shit like H-Bomb in people's food.

But what's sad is that I read it as H-Bomb or "literal actual shit" and thought that sounded right too.

What have we become?

Remarkable how many people in this industry are fecal matter obsessed 

1 hour ago, mystman said:

As a recovering Catholic it seems a lot of people seems to overlook the parts of confession that involve penance and the phrase “go forth an sin no more”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I mean you had to expect the Nino Brown in New Jack City defense though especially if they have different lawyers.

I mean, if this ends with a grizzled old Billy Jack Haynes shooting Vince at the courthouse while shouting, "Idolator, your soul is required in Hell!" that would be alright by me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Paging Dr. Metal,   Dr.  @Lawful Metal

I’m a criminal lawyer. I don’t know shit about civil.  But if this was a criminal case, Johnny Ace’s testimony would be considered accomplice-witness testimony which the jury could only consider if it’s corroborated by other evidence. Generally, the bar is pretty low, but the jury gets the instruction.

At least in Texas. 

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

but yes, Johnny Ace isn't going to jail for Vince

This is a civil suit. Nobody is going to jail. But Johnny doesn’t want to pay the damages the woman can get.

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

This is a civil suit. Nobody is going to jail.

If we lived in a slightly more sane society than this one, (not totally sane, just slightly more than this one) those two men would already be locked in a pen inside a missile silo where they will end their days.

Edited by piranesi

Yeah, when I saw it earlier today on F4W, I wasn't convinced she was talking about Vince. That sounds like something you say after Michael Myers has been freshly decapitated in act 3.

• Like 1

gjuy,s I'm stone and I'm never really liked CM Punk but is there any chance that he actually did fake this injury as a way to not "work" for this company?

I'm just still waiting for one person to do something different than "He's gone. So he's not there. He's gone."

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

I'm just still waiting for one person to do something different than "He's gone. So he's not there. He's gone."

"And when you're gone, you stay gone, or else you'll be gone"- Marcellus Wallace

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"And when you're gone, you stay gone, or else you'll be gone"- Marcellus Wallace

Streaming on Amazon Prime who announced they are investing 14 billion in XPW to counter rival Netflix When asked about founder Rob Sicari's horrific crimes CCO Lickboot Offjacker said "He's gone. He's not there. He's gone."

• Haha 4

Do you know how much I hate myself right now for knowing who the owner of XPW was?

Like that's messed up. I would not date a man who knew that.

I would not let anyone I know go on a date with a man who knows that.

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, elizium said:

Is, not was

No, he's right. There is an imposter Rob Black running the "new" XPW kinda like they replaced Lionel on The Jeffersons.

• Haha 3

Dutch said on his podcast that he was aware of women coming out of Vince’s office in tears, the woman who was on with Brian and Vinny said she was told to not be alone with Vince. So yhea tip of the iceberg, I wonder if this is a situation that could end up with criminal charges 

I mean even if no one “knew” anything there were so many stories. Not everything in that sleaze thread was made up.  And if you got a job at an any other place in the world and heard THAT MANY stories of a certain type how long would you last hearing them pile up before you needed to know before,you could go back?

• Like 1