DVDVR Message Board

2024 in Pro Wrestling Podcasts

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'm like 3 months behind on BTS lol. I used to be able to run through episodes during work but now that I'm doing call center work that can't happen. 

A year or so ago he was on Between the Sheets once a month at one point. It's been a minute since I got to hear him on there so I'll have to check this out 

Now that I’m on night shift again, I should be able to burn through the new BTS when I work Sunday nights. But I’m also behind on them.i made sure to listen to the Beau show since I knew we were doing a show together this week. 

Phil on podcasts lines up pretty well with Phil’s writing style.

the whole sidebar about far away radio stations (when talking about Bruno on KDKA) reminds me that my unofficial distance records for AM radio are Toronto (Zoomer Radio and the French station), Philadelphia (KYW), Atlanta (WSB) and also one of the Mexico ones in the background. Here in the Midwest, we seemingly get more of the eastern time zone stations because the pacific stations don’t boom over the mountains

It is possible I cheated a little when I was packed near a cell tower and coincidentally some radio stations were coming in better there

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Phil on podcasts lines up pretty well with Phil’s writing style.

the whole sidebar about far away radio stations (when talking about Bruno on KDKA) reminds me that my unofficial distance records for AM radio are Toronto (Zoomer Radio and the French station), Philadelphia (KYW), Atlanta (WSB) and also one of the Mexico ones in the background. Here in the Midwest, we seemingly get more of the eastern time zone stations because the pacific stations don’t boom over the mountains

It is possible I cheated a little when I was packed near a cell tower and coincidentally some radio stations were coming in better there

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

As a kid, I remember at least getting KMOX on the East Coast. 

AM goes further at night due to something with the ionosphere (that and the loss of my accent is the extent of the good my MCOM degree did me).  I remember driving in western Maryland at night listening to a Red Wings game out of Detroit.

When I lived in Ohio, I remember at least once picking up Jim Ross' radio show on WSB  in Atlanta. 

Speaking of AM, I could get 980 in DC better on the radio living in VAB than I am do living in NE MD, due to how the transmitter is pointed (I think that's Galdi or Andy Polley told me once). 

When I was a real little kid, my parents had a little tent they let me sleep in once (I don't remember doing this more than once or twice) and I had gotten one of those radios that was a plastic Chuck E. Cheese-looking (or maybe was) mouse sitting on top of a triangle of cheese, and while I was in the tent that night playing with it, it picked up a Spanish-language radio station. I was entranced. It was so cool and foreign, I stayed up for what felt like hours listening. 

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

When I was a real little kid, my parents had a little tent they let me sleep in once (I don't remember doing this more than once or twice) and I had gotten one of those radios that was a plastic Chuck E. Cheese-looking (or maybe was) mouse sitting on top of a triangle of cheese, and while I was in the tent that night playing with it, it picked up a Spanish-language radio station. I was entranced. It was so cool and foreign, I stayed up for what felt like hours listening. 

I'M ON A MEXICAN RADIOOOOOOOO

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:44 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Went on the Ringer Masked Man show, to talk AEW and DEAN~!

https://www.theringer.com/2024/3/21/24107995/wrestlemania-xl-fantasy-draft-with-phil-schneider

29:50 - Phil speaks the goddamn truth. Listen in all - especially the 'pocket watchers'. 

"This is the best use of a Billionaire's money in the world..."

• Like 1