DVDVR Message Board

2024 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

Gonzo

Aaron's words are certainly approaching the territory labeled "Actionable":

And boy Pat sure felt he needed to put out a fire quick, didn't he? 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Aaron's words are certainly approaching the territory labeled "Actionable":

And boy Pat sure felt he needed to put out a fire quick, didn't he? 

Isn't Rodger's contract paid with "alphabet gangster" money through the Johnson family?

I think the "alphabet gangster" that is he currently talking about is LGBTQ.   Apparently he has some new weird conspiracy theory involving the vaccine and gay people.   You would think that McAfee would understand what Kimmel can do given the whole Brett Favre issue but he is so blinded by the fame of bringing this phony on his show every week I don't see it.   Right now the only thing saving him is that all of this stuff is happening outside of the ESPN window

By the way between this,  titties being shown in New Years bowl game (I mean it is New Orleans) and Dan Orolvsky sniffing Molly Querim shoes on First Take;  ESPN might need to settle the fuck down

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

This is as close to "Patrick" as McAfee's ever gotten, I think.   Oh, you can hear the worry in his voice...

I, for one, cannot wait until Aaron 100% doubles down on his accusations. Because clearly no one has ever told him to shut up before.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 7:54 PM, elizium said:

Purple sucks, but I never got his infatuation with green

My highschool colors were purple and gold and our biggest rival wore green and white, so somebody who hates purple and loves green is basically my mortal enemy.

Though I'm much less fond of purple this week than normal...

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is as close to "Patrick" as McAfee's ever gotten, I think.   Oh, you can hear the worry in his voice...

I, for one, cannot wait until Aaron 100% doubles down on his accusations. Because clearly no one has ever told him to shut up before.

Today he's claiming that an ESPN executive is trying to sabotage his show so it sounds like things are going great for him right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Today he's claiming that an ESPN executive is trying to sabotage his show so it sounds like things are going great for him right now.

I'd look more closely at who my team is booking but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I'm guessing someone in legal just explained to him the words "slander" and "terminated for cause".   Betcha he wishes he were just dancing to Shinsuke's music again right about now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Norby Williamson’s name comes up kinda frequently when there are dust-ups with on-air talent. McAfee’s not the first guy that though Williamson was undermining them.

i’m not a fan of McAfee’s “gym bro” persona and I’ve never watched more than a couple min of his show, but I met him when our firm did some work for him.  Seemed like a standup guy (not that I know him well enough to have a firm opinion). When McAfee signed his last big deal (before ESPN), he donated a fair bit to a number  of charitable causes & gave a few mil to his parents.  He’s funding several youth sports program in West Virginia and gave $1 mil to WVU’s new children’s hospital, for starters. That’s good enough for me.

Seeing some speculation he’ll force his way off ESPN one way or the other. Kinda hope that’s true.  He can get the money elsewhere, so ESPN probably needs him more than he needs them, and ESPN is such a gross company that I find it easy to root against them.

This probably falls closer to media than sport so I am gonna put it here.

Tiger Woods and Nike have announced the end of their 27 year partnership

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This probably falls closer to media than sport so I am gonna put it here.

Tiger Woods and Nike have announced the end of their 27 year partnership

Still say this is the best golf commercial of all time:

They're making what appears to be a very bad biopic about 21 Savage:

Why am I posting it here?  Skip to 2:47 in the trailer to see.

• Haha 2

BTW, I think Jimmy Kimmel is still pissed.  He spent basically all of his monologue yesterday making fun of Aaron. And demanded an apology from him on today's appearance on McAfee's show.  

I'm sure Rodgers' response will be ...thoughtful and measured. 😬

Yeah, I was going to say, Kimmel basically baited Rodgers to open his mouth today.  Were McAfee smart, he'd keep Rodgers the fuck off the show today, but no one's ever accused Pat of being smart.

Not only is Pat not that smart he is probably going to have to sit down for the interview to hide his erection from the attention he is getting.

Lebatard made a really good point today where Kimmel's response did him no favors because there was no funny or even an attempt at it and it was just as Dan called it "education shaming".  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1