DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies & TV - 2024

Eddie's too old in the 90's for Falcon.   

Gotta go with Omar Epps or Wesley Snipes.  

Or, if things had gone... differently...   Tupac. 

• Like 1

I could totally see almost all of them in those roles and I'm kind of bummed this isn't a thing.  Hopefully it happened somewhere else in the Multiverse.

Posted (edited)

Deadline is reporting that John Malkovich has joined the cast of the Fantastic Four movie.

It still pains me we never got to see his Vulture. But those Raimi movies kind of sucked anyway (he’s overrated IMO).

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

All the live action Spider-Man movies are returning to cinemas in the UK this August and September. The only two I've never seen there are Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I won't be changing that either ;).

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Yeah, at this point, they're just fucking with people.  I doubt there's even a series at all.  

• Like 2

I know Sony Pictures are throwing shit (and I mean shit) against the wall to have their own Sony Spider-Man Universe but still no Spider-Gwen unless they can't? I'd love to see a live action Spider-Gwen with Emma Stone or Hailee Steinfeld.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, at this point, they're just fucking with people.  I doubt there's even a series at all.  

Surprise! It’s titled Agatha All Along, trailer is supposedly dropping this Friday, and the two episode premiere is on 9/18. Trailer shown at the Disney upfronts featured Kathryn Hahn & Aubrey Plaza in a scene together and Patti LuPone confronting Hahn’s Agatha at the end. All of the previous leaks about the potential show title will probably end up being the name of episodes (ie House of Harkness, Coven of Chaos, Lying Witch with Great Wardrobe, etc)

Daredevil debuts in Spring 2025, and (the first part) will be 9 episodes long. The trailer is said to feature bloody fights, features White Tiger, and a brief fight between Punisher & Daredevil. People that were there said the footage shown was “the feel of the Netflix show” and could’ve slotted right in as S4 (which it basically is).

Ironheart releases “in 2025”. No word on if any footage was shown, and if so, what it was/what it was like.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Russo Brothers did every character better than their respective franchise directors, imo. Captain America and Iron Man were perfect from their first film which makes it impressive what the Russo Brothers achieved. Standouts under the Russos: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor more so Avengers: Infinity War and Thanos.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You'll probably disagree with me on Guardians of the Galaxy better under the Russos but Cosmic MCU with the exception of Thanos isn't at all my thing.

Edited by The Natural

T'Challa was great in Civil War (and in his brief minutes in Infinity War and Endgame), but Ryan Coogler did a better job with the character than the Russo brothers did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

T'Challa was great in Civil War (and in his brief minutes in Infinity War and Endgame), but Ryan Coogler did a better job with the character than the Russo brothers did.

I enjoyed T'Challa more in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame even with less screen time to Black Panther. I also preferred those films to his solo outing.

On 5/15/2024 at 12:55 AM, Casey said:

Surprise! It’s titled Agatha All Along, trailer is supposedly dropping this Friday, and the two episode premiere is on 9/18. Trailer shown at the Disney upfronts featured Kathryn Hahn & Aubrey Plaza in a scene together and Patti LuPone confronting Hahn’s Agatha at the end. All of the previous leaks about the potential show title will probably end up being the name of episodes (ie House of Harkness, Coven of Chaos, Lying Witch with Great Wardrobe, etc)

Daredevil debuts in Spring 2025, and (the first part) will be 9 episodes long. The trailer is said to feature bloody fights, features White Tiger, and a brief fight between Punisher & Daredevil. People that were there said the footage shown was “the feel of the Netflix show” and could’ve slotted right in as S4 (which it basically is).

Ironheart releases “in 2025”. No word on if any footage was shown, and if so, what it was/what it was like.

I hope Daredevil: Born Again is good. That show has a near impossible task following Daredevil Netflix. The first and third season are definitely one of if not the best Marvel has ever done. That or The Spectacular Spider-Man for #1 spot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...