Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies & TV - 2024


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

That said. Charles Dance would be a great Doom. You can prob say that about a dozen people from GOT. 

Have to be honest I don't really care who he plays, I would just be happy to see Charles Dance in the MCU in general.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Deadline is reporting that Marvel is extremely happy with Deadpool & Wolverine, and have offered Shawn Levy the director spot in the next Avengers movie. If nobody remembers, Destin Daniel Cretton stepped down as director last November.

Also of note:

Quote

Even with no director set and the script only recently coming in, Marvel has been working hard in recent months to pull this together so shooting can begin next year on one of Marvel’s largest productions to date. Sources close to both the project say more than 60 MCU characters could reprise their roles, including everyone from Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth and Benedict Cumberbatch to Tom Hiddleston, Simu Liu and Karen Gillian. Unlike the first four films in which there was a core group that consisted of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Hemsworth and Ruffalo, many of the characters in this film would have equal footing, making it more of an ensemble feature instead of a handful of characters leading the team.

I suspect Secret Wars will be the movie where there’s a core group + supporting group, with the former being people like Wolverine, Tobey’s Spider-Man, variants of Cap & Iron Man, etc.

Edited by Casey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Casey said:

I suspect Secret Wars will be the movie where there’s a core group + supporting group, with the former being people like Wolverine, Tobey’s Spider-Man, variants of Cap & Iron Man, etc.

Extremely heavy emphasis on the et cetera part...

I want Secret Wars to be a two and a half hour fight between Deadpool and Madisynn with a Y. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars

This thing reads like a miniseries (probably because, duh, it was). Two movies again? Three this time? Are we gonna get six+ hours of material? There is so many ways they could cut this pie and so many different ingredients, it's almost impossible to predict. 

I loved Secret Wars!  To be fair, I was 10, so it was written specifically for me.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Looks like the reshoots are finally over and the first trailer for Cap 4 will be out on Thursday.

Going to have be one hell of a trailer as I have fuck all interest in this and wish Captain America remained a trilogy. A rare trilogy with three great films.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2024 at 10:18 AM, The Natural said:

Going to have be one hell of a trailer as I have fuck all interest in this and wish Captain America remained a trilogy. A rare trilogy with three great films.

how did you feel about the Falcon & Winter Soldier series? 

i don't know the plot of the movie, and obviously haven't seen the trailer, but i'm definitely interested in a Falcon Cap movie. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, twiztor said:

how did you feel about the Falcon & Winter Soldier series? 

i don't know the plot of the movie, and obviously haven't seen the trailer, but i'm definitely interested in a Falcon Cap movie. 

Liked seeing Bucky and Falcon back together. Best thing about it. Liked U.S. Agent and Isaiah Bradley. Thought everything else sucked especially the baddies.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Liked seeing Bucky and Falcon back together. Best thing about it. Liked U.S. Agent and Isaiah Bradley. Thought everything else sucked especially the baddies.

Apparently there were a lot of late reshoots and a ton of editing to salvage it, as the original plot revolved around something bad being put into a vaccine, which had to be changed for obvious reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Apparently there were a lot of late reshoots and a ton of editing to salvage it, as the original plot revolved around something bad being put into a vaccine, which had to be changed for obvious reasons.

Funny you should mention that because the movie has been undergoing a ton of reshoots because Sabra is a really big part of this and well........

(for those unfamiliar, Google her)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Funny you should mention that because the movie has been undergoing a ton of reshoots because Sabra is a really big part of this and well........

(for those unfamiliar, Google her)

Ooooooof.  Jeez.

When I first read your post, I thought the plot involved poisoned hummus.  Somehow this is worse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...