DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

19 hours ago, worldcupfever said:

Will we make it into 2024 before Harden requests the next trade?

Bold of you to assume that Paul George won't have thrown him off the Hollywood sign by then.

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Scored more in the second half!

I wonder how Bruce Brown is going to feel about constantly losing on his big pile of money, when he could be chasing another ring or 2 on a slightly smaller pile of money.

Well iirc staying in Denver would've meant a significantly smaller pile of money because of the sometimes weird cap rules they could only offer him a fairly small amount (maybe 125% of what he made last year?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Ah yes, the age-old choice between low-Never-See-in-our-Lifetimes versus mid-Never-See-in-our-Lifetimes.

The part there I GAF about is not the low or mid.

Sure. But I imagine it's harder to say no to the "more money than your family would otherwise make in ten generations" offer even with the "more money than your family would otherwise make in 5 generations" offer on the table when you are in that spot. 

Not that I'll ever know.

Some aren't that awful but yikes for most of the court colors. But more than that I'm trying to figure out why this tournament is even a thing. It's apparently for viewership but the whole time watching I'm just baffled at it all.

Now if they took the tournament winnings and put most/all of it to a worthwhile charity then that'd be easier to justify.

EDIT: To paraphrase somebody I love "Michael Jordan don't need no colorful courts!" It just crossed my mind but fuck it why not

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Last undefeated team~!

If Tatum's 3P shooting stays at a 40% clip for the season, and no one on the team gets broken like an overripe banana in a tumble dryer, we got a shot.  Like our chances a whole Hell of a lot better than Milwaukee, who have some shit to figure out on defense.

Ooof, Robert Williams is already sidelined for the Blazers.  Trading him and Smart was painful to watch, even with how the Celtics look so far, but the mere hint of a silver lining to it all was knowing that the likelihood of a Williams injury putting him out for a significant number of games was rather high.  Hope he comes back like himself, though; he's fun to watch no matter what jersey he's wearing.

Edited by Contentious C

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wait, isn't it still Crypto.com Arena? I wasn't aware of that particular crypto sight going bust and being revealed as a scam yet.

It is, he's just being a Contentious C.

Plus, his post helped the Lakers win against the Suns on their own Create-A-Court.

Aaand, LeBron was doing it as hard as he's ever done it before.

So there's that.

Mega Burn

The Wizards are gonna be so entertaining for all the wrong reasons this season

The Raptors rallied from being down 23 including finishing the game on a 21-1 run

It is the 2nd largest blown lead in Washington's franchise history

And the Raptors stink.  All their talent is basically 3 guys who occupy similar roles.  Screw Brown & Tatum being "redundant": Siakam/Anunoby/Barnes is a worse case of it.

10 games in, it's pretty obvious Denver, Philly & Boston are lapping most everyone else.  Dallas has put up some numbers; however, I wonder about their consistency.  But they do look dangerous.

Minnesota is making the KAT/Gobert thing work, but I think that's mostly because it's really Ant's team now, and their rotation guys and role players are all really solid.  They're going to be a tough out if they stay healthy and on the same page on the offensive end.

Milwaukee has a lot of shit to figure out.  Lopez has been crummy this year.  So does OKC on the same end of the floor: when are they going to play tougher defense?  It doesn't help that all their guys are young, though, and Chet Holmgren looks like he's made out of semi-permeable fabric.

Houston looks ahead of schedule, or at least a Game Pass team if nothing else.  Will be interesting to see if Jalen Green can keep playing well.  Detroit and Charlotte, OTOH, have just as many high draft picks in the weaker conference and still stink something fierce.  On the other end of the spectrum from Houston, Cleveland has been a real disappointment after last year's overachievement, and maybe that's just what it was.  This is about the billionth year in a row of New Orleans & Atlanta spinning their wheels, too.