DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/4 - 9/10/2022

Dolfan in NYC

GUNTHER vs. Chad Gable TONIGHT~!  

T-minus 4 days on the Honk-a-meter.   

Plus we have new tag team champions!  Seth stomped his way to victory, but Shinsuke ain't done yet.  

All this and more!  

• Like 1

Not a bad show tonight. Only reason I watched the whole thing was because I wanted to see Gable vs. GUNTHER.  That was a damn good match. Gunther is a machine and so is Gable. Yeah it sucks they had to show the kid crying, but what other reason would they have flown them out to the show.

49 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Babyfaces who bring their families to ringside are batting .000 in recent WWE big matches, aren't they?

(edit: unless we count the Rey family at Mania only being there for Rey when they're related to both competitors)

If you count NXT, Roxanne Perez beat Blair Davenport with her mom and sister being ringside.

• Like 2

Just caught the 2nd half of the show as I was watching Stigmata (Patricia Arquette mark over here) but really dug what I saw.

Started watching partway through Baszler-Stark and while the ending was not as visceral as Danielson-Starks last night, it accomplished the same goal almost as well. I don’t know if the live crowd quite got what they were doing, but the announcers did a great job of putting over Zoey in defeat.

I’m enjoying Finn Balor as guy awkwardly trying to integrate his two vastly different friend groups. I’ve been there buddy.

Should JD McDonaugh have such a prominent spade on his outfit when Shayna is already there? Match with Zayn was good.

I don’t buy Raquel Rodriguez at all and her stipulation seems dumb when Rhea has a whole stable to interfere for her. Get yourself some friends. I cracked up at her sad face when they cut to her after showing the highlights of last weeks match.

Main was awesome, but I wish they gave it 10 more minutes and didn’t have the 2 commercial breaks (that seemed like they were only a few minutes apart). Hopefully this isn’t it for Gable. I don’t want Gunther to ever lose, but they’re only going to get so many opportunities to seriously push Gable and this is another one that’s fallen into their lap. But that’s a problem for next week, match this week was fantastic  

I’m a monster and loved seeing Gable’s kids cry. Pro wrestling kids, get fucking used to it. 

The Jey Uso segment was solid if only for the interaction with Sami at the end.

Drew/Riddle vs. Viking Raiders was good fun. Not sure how I feel about the ending though I suppose it makes sense for the slow Drew heel turn that seemingly is building. 

The whole Nakamura/Seth segment leading into Nakamura/Ricochet and back into a Seth/Nakamura brawl was all good. Honestly, this Nakamura/Seth feud has been the most interesting thing for either guy on Raw since the Draft came into effect. Hoping it ends with a Nakamura victory though I doubt it. 

Shayna/Zoey was solid and did a good job of putting over both women though the crowd is still lukewarm on them right now. 

Raquel/Chelsea was a perfect squash.

JD/Sami was solid. Dug Dom's interference and the continued build to JD joining Judgement Day. 

GUNTHER/Gable was fantastic once again. Loved how overbearing Gunther was with his power and all the comebacks and struggle to survive from Chad. Its a pity this had commercial breaks because some of the better stuff looked like it happened in picture in picture like Gunther beating Gable's ass in front of his wife and kids. The absolute MDK Gunther put Gable through to end things was brutal and perfect. It said just how dangerous Gunther felt Gable was. Gable's kid crying post match was sad but also kind of awesome. Really hope we get Gable taking the title from Gunther at a PLE/PPV. Gunther deserved to take the IC record here, but Gable just as much deserves to take the actual title sooner than later. Give me a Gable celebration with his family, Otis, and Jason Jordan, dammit.

Raw was actually good. Will always be overly long, but I thought the matches and angles were generally good with Gunther/Gable being great .

That final stretch once they finished up the commercial breaks was just killer.  I was legitimately concerned for Gable after the sleeper suplex.  He alludes to it in the post-match video, but even before that I thought they would let GUNTHER break the record then run GUNTHER-Gable back with a career vs. title stipulation.

32 minutes ago, The Natural said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1xEQEYwE8

Gunther/Gable full match. Wish it went longer.

At first glance I'm pretty sure it did as I don't see Gunther beating Gable's ass in front of his family which happened during picture-in-picture. Could have just missed it but there was a good 5-7 minutes of commercials during that time frame.

• Like 1