DVDVR Message Board

Collision - 6/17/2023

Holy smokes, I love that intro! No joke, I’m low key more excited somehow. Saturday wrestling! Hopefully we get some Rush on future shows to team with Andrade. All the drama surrounding everything dampened my excitement but this is a weird shot of espresso to freshen things up. 
Thumbs up for me.

• Like 7

Not sure if it was mentioned on here (Last time I checked the thread it hadn't been, and I waded through 3 pages of nonsense about Elton John somehow not being awesome?! before giving up), but is it known on here that Collision will be on TSN2 in Canada and not just TSN+?! I'd wager it's probably a one-time or sporadic thing (Wouldn't be shocked if they show the Canadian dates as well), but as someone who is not paying for TSN+, I'm excited to watch the first show.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, caley said:

Not sure if it was mentioned on here (Last time I checked the thread it hadn't been, and I waded through 3 pages of nonsense about Elton John somehow not being awesome?! before giving up), but is it known on here that Collision will be on TSN2 in Canada and not just TSN+?! I'd wager it's probably a one-time or sporadic thing (Wouldn't be shocked if they show the Canadian dates as well), but as someone who is not paying for TSN+, I'm excited to watch the first show.

I posted it yesterday. It's going to be on at midnight tonight and they will also be airing next week's show in Toronto, according to Meltzer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I was gonna hit you with a kneejerk "What about Fenway?" but then I remembered that baseball fans are ancient. 

Hey I’m a Red Sox fan, and I’m younger than Coach TK. Plus I’ve been to Fenway. So not all baseball fans are ancient. Just 95% of them. 😭

• Like 1

Damn, I really wanted the middle rope to be yellow. I like it, but honestly I'm over LEDs in wrestling stages in general. I don't have any suggestions for an alternative, unless they want to do something really wacky like putting rows of incandescent lights and have wrestlers enter through a parting curtain, like its an old time Broadway revue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s just a picture, but it looks different enough from Dynamite/Rampage that I’m really digging it. We’ll see once it’s bell time though. Might only look good in pictures, who knows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, evanknight said:

Reading through all the comments about the theme song and trying to remember actually caring about an intro song for any wrestling show ever. 

Was Moesha a wrestling show? That theme song was legit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that "Counterfeit Bucks" line was good.  If they are going to throw shots at each other cool but that doesn't make much money,  get in the ring boys! 

Anyway, this was a good show. 

I don't know if it was intentional or not but it felt different stylistically..  did anyone notice this?   More mat grappling, hard hitting, more selling.. bigger dudes..   I enjoyed it.   Set looks great too. 

• Like 6

That sure was a long episode of Rampage

Main event was good, Buddy-Andrade was good, Miro's good

Everything else was just kinda there.

Kevin Kelly obviously hasn't watched AEW before and was giving me Mike Adamle vibes early on, but he got it together by the end of the show.

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

David Zaslov, WBD executive – calls him One Bill Phil, because he’s the one true article in a business full of counterfeit bucks!

Namedropping Zazlav these days confirms that Punk's a heel. Hangman was right about how Punk feels about worker's rights

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

JRFK Jr doing the main event commentary?!? (No offense RFK jr. fans)

All kidding aside, this show was different than anything that's been put out thus far.  Totally felt like a different company in many ways.  

From the commentary team to the stage, to even this new (old) World Title (HBK/Razor call back), which should likely end in a ladder match

with both belts hanging above in the rafters before the end of the year, I'd assume.

Wondering how long we will get the face Andrade and Miro before they go into their likely roles as heels, it will be interesting to see how

they play this out. 

Would have loved Mauro Rinallo for this show, as this seems like a perfect pairing for him, but I understand his limitations.  

CM Punk looked like the only return star that exhibited rust, and rightfully so.  Andrade and Miro showed fire tonight, and seemingly

didn't miss a step.  CM Punk has a long road ahead of him, and needs to play things safe.  Confident that a match with Jay White and Samoa Joe, respectfully (and seperately) could steal shows.  

Still believe if it could have been possible, a Kenny Omega/CM Punk showdown to end the show, or even a Kenta/CM Punk staredown, would have left so much to be desired and talked about, but I understand there could be elements holding both of those back (and I'm being very diplomatic and careful with my wording here).

Good start to Collision, let's see if the momentum continues.  

• Like 2

Good show but I definitely got "WCW Thunder" vibes. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully they don't lose the signal for half the show episode 2.