DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

I saw elsewhere, maybe Wrestlenomics, that this has been the most requested presale code out of the two promotions in years. That's just crazy to me. I would get it if it were the first Forbidden Door or the first of anything, but everyone knows what to expect. Or maybe that's what's driving this. People feel like there's a better chance that there won't be a guessing game for Okada coming in, or they feel like we're definitely going to get ZSJ vs Danielson, or it's less of a question that Hiromu or others will make the flight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I saw elsewhere, maybe Wrestlenomics, that this has been the most requested presale code out of the two promotions in years. That's just crazy to me. I would get it if it were the first Forbidden Door or the first of anything, but everyone knows what to expect. Or maybe that's what's driving this. People feel like there's a better chance that there won't be a guessing game for Okada coming in, or they feel like we're definitely going to get ZSJ vs Danielson, or it's less of a question that Hiromu or others will make the flight.

I think it has to do with the first Forbidden Door being arguably the best show of the year, plus it felt like a lot of things on that show didn't pan out from a booking perspective and they still have a lot left on the table for this year. Personally, I never even gave a thought to which specific matches would happen.

It is sort of funny though when you consider that lots of Toronto fans would have already seen many top New Japan wrestlers in person, even multiple times, via ROH's Global Wars shows.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, matt925 said:

New televised event, who this?

edit: oh so they removed the rampage taping the day before from the same arena. It may just be rampage due to preemption. They still have the following week advertised as a house show. But I’m sure we’ll get clarification soon. 

The Edmonton show on the July 5th is now a Dynamite/Rampage show

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also likely Mercedes' first AEW match.

Got mine. Had to pull it off during a work meeting but my best friend and I will be in section 321. I'd say look for the giant bearded guys but that's not going to help anyone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

If we're doing baseless Forbidden Door card speculation... Okada v Omega V?

Okada/Omega V, Omega/Ospreay NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 rematch, Okada/Danielson. Likely Danielson/Sabre Jr is rescheduled for this show as it was supposed to happen at the original AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door event till Danielson's concussion from Anarchy in the Arena. Be interesting to see who MJF defends the AEW World Championship against from NJPW as he's not losing it before then. AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2022 was so cursed.

Edited by The Natural

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Hope Murder Grandpa is back for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023.

Love me some Papa Punishment. Watching his match with Danielson on my phone while at a hotel in Gary, IN is maybe my favorite random personal AEW moment. Another being the Mad King facing Akiyama.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Love me some Papa Punishment. Watching his match with Danielson on my phone while at a hotel in Gary, IN is maybe my favorite random personal AEW moment. Another being the Mad King facing Akiyama.

Well said, my friend xxx.

That Teaser trailer for AEW All Access looks pretty good. My favorite part of the trailer, though, was when one of the Jacksons said in a voiceover "we've never been good at the backstage politics or any of that crap..." 

I almost did a spit take. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

That Teaser trailer for AEW All Access looks pretty good. My favorite part of the trailer, though, was when one of the Jacksons said in a voiceover "we've never been good at the backstage politics or any of that crap..." 

I almost did a spit take. 

Caesar also denied the crown…

Suzuki is booked on a few Mania week shows, so he could be showing up in AEW again as soon as next Wednesday. 

Is he on the ROH PPV, for that matter? 

• Like 2