DVDVR Message Board

TRIPLE X WWE TV! - 1/23 - 1/29/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Meltzer is reporting that the "Acknowledgement Ceremony" for the Bloodline tonight has been scrapped.  

Rikishi got sick earlier this week (I'm sure that can be read as 'COVID').

Afa & Sika were unable to travel because of a severe case of old. 

So, that's not happening tonight.  Also, Rock was not booked for the segment, so the rumors of him pulling out are apparently false. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I am sick as a DOG!  I will watch this tomorrow!  FAST FORWARDING!

Feel better Big Dog.  Do yourself a favor though and do not spoil the Bloodline segment for yourself.  

It's truly magnificent.

• Like 1

I'm watching the main event and....they've had at least two blocks of five minutes of commercials. I know they had first hour commercial free but damn.

EDIT: Oof that finish as it cuts to a reality TV show. Why couldn't Brock Lesnar sod off forever or go on AEW and give a F5 to MJF?

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 1

good thing they got the finish done justtttt in time... also, I was sorta surprised when I found out that Elle King is Rob Schneider's daughter

also good that they booked it so that the legends didn't emasculate all the current guys, well not as badly as before... also good move by Taker to say that he could get to the ring quicker/with less pain if he rode a motorcycle

the tag title match was a pretty good one with some semblance of suspense after the injury angle although having Sami lose the titles for the Usos that quickly post-acquittal would be crash TV rapid booking

also nice to see that Ric Flair inherited a suit from Craig Sager and that Ted DiBiase wasn't busy with any of his family's legal problems tonight

I’m sorry but, IMO, this Bloodline stuff isn’t compelling TV. And it definitely didn’t need to eat up a half hour of the commercial free block. Hell, I really only tuned in for the cage match, and, well…

But this is the first full episode of WWE TV I think I’ve watched in year, unless I’m forgetting something. So maybe I’m not qualified to speak on the Bloodline angle. But it’s cool to see Sami Zayn so over with the crowd, I love that.

• Like 3

Apparently the Bella’s are spilling the tea on Instagram Live (or TikTok?). Trashing WWE over the lack of coverage for the “women’s revolution” in stuff like videos, seemingly only one female legend there (Madusa), and they theorize that Charlotte didn’t mention Sasha because she wasn’t allowed and/or she’d get too big of a pop from the crowd.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’m sorry but, IMO, this Bloodline stuff isn’t compelling TV. And it definitely didn’t need to eat up a half hour of the commercial free block. Hell, I really only tuned in for the cage match, and, well…

Fightful said the opening did go over on time, so they called an audible and cut the cage match which was originally scheduled to take up 2 segs.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

Apparently the Bella’s are spilling the tea on Instagram Live (or TikTok?). Trashing WWE over the lack of coverage for the “women’s revolution” in stuff like videos, seemingly only one female legend there (Madusa), and they theorize that Charlotte didn’t mention Sasha because she wasn’t allowed and/or she’d get too big of a pop from the crowd.

7 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Fightful said the opening did go over on time, so they called an audible and cut the cage match which was originally scheduled to take up 2 segs.

This sucks particularly for Bayley/Becky.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

The Bellas legitimately can't wrestle so I'm not sure they should be listened to on anything. The problem is WWE thought that giving Bianca Belair / Sonya Deville a match was worthy and the crowd literally died with both out there (following the Charlotte / Bianca segment). I'm not sure how they could put that in there with the Bloodline segment taking too much time.

I want to preface by saying since HHH took over last year I found Raw to be more enjoyable than before.  And the Bloodline stuff might have went over but was A+ stuff. But Mustafa Ali must have known what was going on tonight.

Man, you could really feel this was him being real and it didn't help that Truth and Charly had to go with the gimmick side of things.  Made it kind of awkward but with these anniversary and reunion shows it makes this clip feel damn near evergreen now.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew POE! said:

I'm not sure how they could put that in there with the Bloodline segment taking too much time.

They didn't exhume Ric Flair and put him in a Boyd Pierce suit just to cut his segment

at least the WWE figured out how to make cage matches more time efficient to stage (or bait and switch)

7 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I want to preface by saying since HHH took over last year I found Raw to be more enjoyable than before.  And the Bloodline stuff might have went over but was A+ stuff. But Mustafa Ali must have known what was going on tonight.

Man, you could really feel this was him being real and it didn't help that Truth and Charly had to go with the gimmick side of things.  Made it kind of awkward but with these anniversary and reunion shows it makes this clip feel damn near evergreen now.

I guess we'll see Mustafa Ali in the Impact Zone or at Daly's Place soon. R-Truth's response wasn't "funny haha Little Jimmy R-Truth," it was Ron Killings going "dude you're fucking up stop just stop."

Edited by Andrew POE!

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I enjoyed the fuck out of this show. What happened to Hogan? Did he get bumped for time as well? Because that'd be hilarious.

Unfortunately not. Even the broken microphone didn't want to work with fucking Hulk Hogan.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I enjoyed the fuck out of this show. What happened to Hogan? Did he get bumped for time as well? Because that'd be hilarious.

Hulk opened the show with Jimmy Hart, just a little 2 minute speech from the stage about Raw. 

Surprised they didn't bring up today being 39 years since Hogan's first title win.