DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

And I'm fucking bummed. I learned that GameStop and Best Buy have both been doing preorders for the collector's edition of Tears of the Kingdom so it seems like I'll be shit out of luck. I'm still going to give Best Buy and Target a shot tomorrow morning to see if I can score one.

39 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I saw some bigger fans of MK like Jeff Gerstman and others speculate that MK would reboot and go back to the beginning because they basically wrapped up the story with the last two games. I doubt I'll ever go back and play either, but I should see if there's a compilation of videos on YouTube that tell the story from those games. I looked into that with Injustice, the game, and the video was like hours long. I was kinda shocked at just how many cutscenes Injustice had.

Injustice and MK both do a really good job of exposing you to a variety of characters to toy with in the story. It's why I prefer those games to something like Street Fighter. I just want to casually pick up something and goof off for a couple of days. I went back to Injustice 2 for a couple of weeks over the holiday and still really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

MK 9/10/11 story modes are so much more fun than they have any right to be. Pure action movie cheese. 11 is honestly a shockingly good single player game. The main issue is the commitment to the fucking awful Vault unlock system which I'm sure they'll bring back anyway no matter what they do with 12.

The spinoff multiplayer Witcher game (going be the name Project Sirius) is being rebooted 

CDPR has confirmed that it is laying off almost 30 people who were working on it (which appear to be basically everyone from The Molasses Flood, which was the indie studio CDPR acquired to work on the game)

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The spinoff multiplayer Witcher game (going be the name Project Sirius) is being rebooted 

CDPR has confirmed that it is laying off almost 30 people who were working on it (which appear to be basically everyone from The Molasses Flood, which was the indie studio CDPR acquired to work on the game)

In other words, it's never getting made

Just scrap it, they have like 18 games in the pipeline and that one sounded the least interesting (I say as someone that mostly plays single player games). CDPR has been a mess ever since they tried to be a real studio.

• Like 1

Technically the game is already out... however

Blizzard has announced that the long promised mega PvE story mode (which was going to end up its own standalone game) is being scrapped

They will still release some smaller parts as part of Overwatch's season

From the trailer it feels less like a reboot/remake and more like what FF7-R did where this takes place post 11, but something is going on with the timeline all the way back at the beginning.

I think people overuse the word "reboot" with MK (at least beyond 9 where the "modern" games start), considering how much of the plot is absolute mumbo jumbo time travel nonsense.

I guess it rubs some people the wrong way but I'd rather do this than, like, see Johnny Cage, Sonya, Kano, and Jax (among others) age out, you know? It's MK, give me the MK characters and I'm happy.

52 minutes ago, Casey said:

MGS Snake Eater remake confirmed just now, with the OG versions of 1/2/3 coming back to the storefront this Autumn.

I wonder if 4 will ever see the light of day again. I hate I never got to engage with it.  

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I wonder if 4 will ever see the light of day again. I hate I never got to engage with it.  

If you go back and look at the announcement, it does say Volume 1. So there’s hope.

• Like 1