DVDVR Message Board

2023 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Just binge watched Interview With The Vampire season One. Way better than the Cruise/Pitt movie. I am embarrassed to admit that I was three episodes in before I recognised that the guy playing Louis was also Grey Worm in Game of Thrones. He's really good. I was pretty surprised at the point in the story that the season ended though. Obviously when you're adapting a book for the screen and not doing the full thing, you have to pick a midpoint to end at. Felt arbitrary though, in terms of the flashback man story, as opposed to the interview timeline.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, J.H. said:

You make sound like Reacher wasn't damn fine television

James

Good point. In my defense I had the Rings of Power on the brain which was an amazing looking terrible show. 

I don’t doubt Amazon when it comes to putting a budget behind a show it’s all the other things like writing and casting that worry me. 

On the other hand, one of my first thoughts after watching Westworld season one was "That was a lot better than Fallout 4". So I'm intrigued by the idea of that show's creator doing a Fallout show.

Probably not intrigued enough to sign up for Amazon Prime, though.

I watched the first episode of Monarch. Umm…as someone who is very creeped out by spiders, crabs, and centipede looking things, it was incredibly unsettling, BUT it was also pretty damn good.

For All Mankind has been great so far. I’m glad they seemingly listened to their fans in curing all of the show’s ills by killing off Danny off screen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slow Horses season 3 just started and to the surprise of non one it's great! So grateful it's on AppleTV+ and not any of the other streamers who'd find a reason to cancel it. With this show and The Gold, I can see why Jack Lowden is 6 to 1 odds on being the next Bond.

Fargo season 5 also just started and it's been good so far, really interested to see where it goes, tons of easter eggs from the original film.

Gave Bookie on the streamer formally known as HBOMax a shot and I enjoyed it, was reluctant at first since Chuck Lorre shows seem to be the lowest of lowbrow.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, RIPPA said:

Sofia Vergara

Boy, talk about some historical revisionism. Griselda looked like this. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Griselda_Blanco_Medellin.jpg

Putting a woman with Sofia's body type as her is hilarious. On top of that, the story is one of the bleakest and most awful ever, as anyone who saw Cocaine Cowboys 1 and 2 can attest to. She was pure human poison. So, difficult adaptation to say the least.