DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

We still go to the movies fairly often, but a lot of the time we’ll go on a discount day and just buy the seats on either side of us so we don’t have anyone right on top of us. We’re so into the ritual of it that sometimes when we do movie night at home we’ll hit the concession stand at AMC and bring it back to the house. 

I've thought about doing that. The Pickens at the theater is just better. 

Good Grief

Written and Directed by Dan Levy

There are A LOT of... emotions (for lack of a better word) going on in this trailer so be prepared for that... unless you are a robot then continue on with your cursed metal body

The last movie I saw pre-Covid was the Jumanji film on New Years Eve with a bunch of us. And then the next was Tenet. The next after that was Shang Chi a year later but since then I think I've been to the cinema every month since, sometimes twice a month. I signed up for Cineplex's club membership last year so get a ticket every month. I love the theatre experience, though mostly I tend to go on weekday matinees when I have a day off work. The local second run theatre has started playing popular classics so that's fun. Watched Mary Poppins there last month.

6 hours ago, Swift said:

The last movie I saw pre-Covid was the Jumanji film on New Years Eve with a bunch of us. And then the next was Tenet. The next after that was Shang Chi a year later but since then I think I've been to the cinema every month since, sometimes twice a month. I signed up for Cineplex's club membership last year so get a ticket every month. I love the theatre experience, though mostly I tend to go on weekday matinees when I have a day off work. The local second run theatre has started playing popular classics so that's fun. Watched Mary Poppins there last month.

Well, you did better than me.

I signed up for an Arclight yearly membership about a week before the lockdowns started, thinking things weren't going to get as bad as they did.

Arclight closed all its locations in 2021 (and I'm still pissed about it; not the money, but it was the best theater chain going, though Landmark isn't awful).

Civil War

Written and Directed by Alex Garland

Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, and Cailee Spaeny (And obviously Nick Offerman at least cameos as the President)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Civil War

Written and Directed by Alex Garland

Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, and Cailee Spaeny (And obviously Nick Offerman at least cameos as the President)

Going off of twitter the thing that apparently America needed to be brought together was movie with something as ridiculous as California and Texas teaming together to secede. Like everyone is laughing at this already purely because of that.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Going off of twitter the thing that apparently America needed to be brought together was movie with something as ridiculous as California and Texas teaming together to secede. Like everyone is laughing at this already purely because of that.

Yeah, my thought too. They mentioned Florida and I thought "yeah, Florida and Texas maybe, but Texas and Cali?" Really the fault lines would probably be the same ones as in the last Civil War. California itself might have a standoff in Orange County against the rest of the state...

IF

Written and Directed by John Krasinski who clearly called in a lot of favors to fill out the cast

Since I took this from Ryan Reynolds YT channel - here is the blurb from there "Get ready for a heart-warming, all-family film from the director of A Quiet Place, the star of Deadpool, and the studio that brought you Annihilation"