DVDVR Message Board

A New TV Commercial Thread

RIPPA

Oh yeah, absolutely dirty pool from the company.  Yeah, the buyers should've suspected something, but the company made a smaller version with the same name and lookalike packaging.  I can't 100% blame anyone for assuming it was the same product, except that the price should have raised some flags.

Well, I did some math, because why not?

I found it online for $1.49 a piece and the standard bottles for $15.99.  There are 15 "minis" in a full 750-mL, so that should be $22.35.  You'd think they'd be making more money off the little ones, except...well, packaging.

And if packaging eats into your profits so much you have to use *even cheaper ingredients*, that should tell you how garbage Fireball was in the first place.

But again, here I am expecting this level of critical-thinking skills out of people who drink Fireball, so obviously I'm the fucking idiot. 

• Like 1

I'm an Evan Williams man, myself -- world's greatest cheap bourbon! -- but even I have enough good taste to decline Fireball 100% of the time. 

What I'm saying is, when a reprobate who drinks bottom shelf bourbon with Coke Zero turns his nose up at your nasty-ass shit, you have a problem.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fresh New Year's Beef: The Jardience commercial with the singing, dancing fat lady. It played EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK during both the national and nightly news. That's like ten commercial breaks. It was like they were using a ball-peen hammer to try and make sure the jingle stayed in there to make sure you bought their diabetes medication. I made an extremely low crack considering that which you can probably guess and my folks got a (heh) kick out of it. 

• Like 1

I'm really starting to miss the days when Wayfair and their cute, friendly ads dominated my youtube videos.

Nowadays I get bombarded with Mood Canibus and their obnoxious pothead soccer mom. I think what I hate most are their occasional disingenuous attempts to act like they're pushing the pain/stress reliever element when the other 90% of the commercials are basically, "hey, you can still act like a dumbass teenage stoner in your thirties or later!" Like, how would you go about replacing wine with canibus gummies on a girls' night? I mean, I take half a 10 mg Ozone gummy and I get a nice mild high for a nice peaceful night. A whole gummy is a more potent high. Throwing down gummies all night, especially if you aren't a long-time user, you're just asking for your high to go into paranoia panic attack territory that's gonna be a whole lot worse than a wine hangover...

Canibus is a rapper from the 90s. There's a really good F D Signifier video essay about him.

23 hours ago, AxB said:

Canibus is a rapper from the 90s. There's a really good F D Signifier video essay about him.

Didn't he have a song or album called "Can I Bus?"

(Googles)

Yes! He did. He also had one called "2000 B.C. (Before Can-I-Bus)".

On 1/13/2024 at 5:41 PM, Contentious C said:

These Nerdwallet "don't make future you hate you" commercials are idiotic. Have you SEEN the places where these 'poor' old people live? Can't be that fucking poor! I wish my place were that stylish.

But in the future, that won’t be stylish! It’ll all be outdated and old. 

No, I thought the same as you. I’d like to have a nice little place like that when I’m old. 

• 1 month later...