DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

Brady's deal is up this year right? And he's said he wants to play next year. But who is going to take him? He's literally the GOAT, but he just can't go anymore. What team would be improved by having him? There's a few, but probably none that are contenders and that's gonna be a sticking point for him. Are The Colts a playoff team with Brady? Washington? Does he just go where ever Sean Peyton goes? Will be interesting.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I can wait for the War Games match between the Broncos QBs and the OL

Much as I want Brett Rypien to do well since he went to high school 30 seconds from my old house, I died laughing when he threw a pick-6 after getting into it with the OL.  

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's weird how he'll make three or five plays in a row where he looks just like he always has, and then suddenly he'll throw picks like Nathan Peterman.

The arm is still there but, holy cow, the accuracy and decisions at times this year have absolutely disappeared.  

7 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Brady's deal is up this year right? And he's said he wants to play next year. But who is going to take him? He's literally the GOAT, but he just can't go anymore. What team would be improved by having him? There's a few, but probably none that are contenders and that's gonna be a sticking point for him. Are The Colts a playoff team with Brady? Washington? Does he just go where ever Sean Peyton goes? Will be interesting.

The only playoff or fringe playoff teams I could see taking him are: NY Jets (he’s still better than Wilson), Las Vegas (just to say they had him, plus McDaniels will return anyhow), Washington (he’s better than what they have), Carolina (even if they draft one, he’d be okay for a year)

So yeah that’s definitely not a very impressive list. Indy I think wouldn’t be any better off with him, and outside of Pittman he’d have zero weapons (not that he’d have much in Carolina either).

A couple things that irk me right now and maybe I just notice it because I am heavy into sports betting.

The line on the Tampa-Arizona game was 7.5 pts.  I took Arizona with the pts not because I thought they were good enough to cover but when you look at the majority of prime time games this year they have all been close (too close).  Then I saw Tampa Bay play and damn if Tom Brady doesn't remind me of 2006 Ric Flair.  Obviously past his prime but still thinking he can go.  

But what irks me is how many games lately have come down to that final drive?  The Giants-Washington,  Pittsburgh-LV,  Buffalo last week, and during a lot of these final drives there have been multiple questionable flags thrown.  

Tonight the line is Chargers -4.  This Chargers team should destroy the Colts but it will likely come down to a miracle comeback on the final drive.  

I had a guy tweet yesterday before the TB game that it would come down to Tom Brady making a heroic drive to win the game at the end.  He nailed it.

As bad a coach Hackett is, Denver hasn't been at full strength all year.  Would it matter much? Probably not, but he needs to get shit in order as the team imploded yesterday and can't get much worse. 

11 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Oh, I definitely think there will at least a short line of teams lining up for Brady.  I think there will be a few teams that you wouldn’t expect to have interest in Brady.  He’ll be able to convince at least a few owners and gm’s that, with a better cast around him and a year to get his head right, he’’ll be able to reboot himself most year.  I’m not convinced he’s wrong about that.

I keep hearing the rumor that he’ll go back to New England.  I don’t believe that for a second, but it’d be fascinating to watch, especially if they managed to win and made it look like Belichick can’t win without him.

• Like 1

It's been swatted down earlier this season in another thread.

--------

Here's something you don't see everyday; a QB being investigated for a potentially dirty hit. Specifically Mac Jones for diving in front of Eli Apple's feet during a (later ruled incomplete pass) fumble return attempt. Apple didn't have the ball and Jones was apparently trying to make sure he couldn't catch up to block a player pursuing the play.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Not necessarily.  Andy Reid is a HOF coach and has horrific clock management skills.  If he hasn't hired someone to do it, he should

I did think about Reid but he's an exception because whatever his other flaws may be, I'm fine saying that Andy Reid is some kind of actual football offense savante

• Thanks 1

Reid also has built one hell of a coaching tree (especially compared to the one coach that has been undeniably more successful than him in this era, who has a coaching tree Charlie Brown wouldn't be willing to take.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LF2 said:

So nobody wants to touch the point Pedro was not so subtly hinting at that prime time games are rigged? I’d honest expect that out of posters on sites of lesser quality, but I was a bit shocked to see that here.

Next time grow some balls and tag me in the post @LF2   and yeah go back and look at the games decided by the final drive this and last season.  How about the UK games too. 

But I guess if my opinion is different than yours you are going to cry about it.  Go back to your "lesser quality sites"  

Oh but before you do make sure to watch tonights "nailbiter"  Foles hasn't played in how long? But is tied at 0 with a team who makes the playoffs by winning tonight.  Makes sense doesn't it?