DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Ha, my bad. I had been meaning seed 6 this whole time. I think it was left over brain residue from when three were only 6 playoff teams. I knew they were locked in to second to last slot, and that used to be 5th seed. But yes 6th seed not 5th.

And Washington / Seattle / Detroit / maybe Green Bay are battling it out for the final seed which is 7 now.

Math is hard lol.

I agree Math is a pain in the rear. Especially when the league will probably expand the playoffs again during the next CBA. 

Based on how the past few seasons have went I’m not willing to lock the Giants in until the clock reads zero against Indy next week. They should make it in, but it’s the Giants and I expect them to break my heart in the dumbest imaginable ways.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Matt Patricia?

(Seriously though, it's entirely possible McDaniels is one of those guys that's a really good coordinator but can't handle the top job. I don't think he's been nearly as bad as Hackett this year, but if they don't improve a lot next year, he could be on his way back to New England real quick.)

Patricia did well with Belicheck, but that was when he was coaching the side of the ball he knows best. Kraft looks like a moron for letting his HC bring in two head coaching washouts who specialize in Special Teams and Defense to be co-Offensive Coordinators. Anyone could have seen why that would fail. What’s next hiring Rex Ryan to be the QB coach?

As for Hackett being worse than McDaniels that’s debatable at best. He hasn’t yet had his second best offensive playmaker quit on him. Plus he’s not had his team choke away multiple games they should win with ease (which I’ll admit I was wrong if they lose later to LA).

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

And now, we see who gets poll position for the number 2 pick, Detroit or Seattle!

Can't stand Wilson can't stand the Broncos, but want the #2 for Detroit........ such a dilemma. 

56 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Russell Wilson has had a horrible year but just when you thought it couldn't get worse he is now getting dragged by Patrick Star on the Nick version of this game is new low

Boomer Esiason eviscerated Wilson on the halftime show. It was glorious. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Steelers/Ravens has been flexed into the Sunday Night Football slot for this coming Sunday.

Jesus fuck.   The Raiders killed Steeler's special teams on Immaculate Reception Anniversary Day and now the Steelers will play the Ravens who love nothing better than to murder our offensive linemen.

26 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I would like to reiterate my opinion from earlier that Nathaniel Hackett is hands down the worst head coach in the NFL.

A lot of it is him, a lot of it is Russ acting like a second string rookie. 

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I would like to reiterate my opinion from earlier that Nathaniel Hackett is hands down the worst head coach in the NFL.

Trying to figure out the logic behind going for 2 when they're down by 29 with 6:30 left.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Trying to figure out the logic behind going for 2 when they're down by 29 with 6:30 left.

I'd say it was purely for the sake of morale.  Prove to themselves that they can put points on the board even as the game slides further down the tubes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

If you get it down to 27, that's 3 TDs with 2s & a FG vs needing 4 TDs with 1s.

It's still 4 scores, but one of them could be a FG if they kept getting TDs with 2s.

But all that ignores the fact that your QB is Russel Wilson and there's only 6 minutes left. Gonna chalk it up to trying to play it out at 100% even tho it's obvious you don't have a chance. Harder for the players to believe in not quitting on you when you're showing that you will quit on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1