DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK FIFTEEN

RIPPA

Between the replay officials messing up and giving Vegas a TD, and that final play... that has gotta be the craziest ending ever.

In the words of Jack Buck, "I do not believe what I just saw!" 

• Like 2

Just now, Gonzo said:

I've seen a lot of dumb plays on a football field.

But that play at the end of Patriots/Raiders might be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen.

I've still trying to count them.

and just think, if the Raiders weren't completely incompetent at tackling, they'd never have won that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

that play just keeps getting sillier and sillier

Mark Sanchez was the color analyst and got to call the Patriots doing something dumber than his butt fumble

I believe that was Jonathan Vilma.

• Sad 1

If Myers is still on the Patriots on the team at the end of the week then Bellichick has gotten soft.   There was literally NOTHING on that pass from Meyers that would have worked.  The worst part is Mac Jones realizing that he was the only man who can prevent that disaster and he had not a chance.  Even he was like "Fuck this" on the attempt

Not only is that the worst way to lose a game, it is very possible the worst way to miss the playoffs ever.   You love to see it  😃

This has been an incredible week of NFL action and still have a couple games left 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Somewhere in New England right now, there's a fan of the French national soccer team, who is also a fan of the Celtics, who is also a fan of the Patriots. The most likely location? The Tobin Bridge, as in swinging a leg over the railing thereof...

would Berlin, New Hampshire be Bruins turf or Montreal Canadiens turf?

only 3 hours from Berlin NH to Montreal

"Because Quebec is less than 60 miles (100 km) away, Berlin has many people of French Canadian descent in its population. Around 65% of its residents speak a variant of New England French, which is known locally as "Berlin French"." - Wikipedia

The TV market map I use claims 2 New Hampshire counties (Carroll/Coos) are in the Portland/Augusta market. 2 are in Burlington VT (Grafton/Sullivan) and the rest are Boston (or Manchester depending on what channel they like the most).

I guess that Maine would be another candidate for the crossover Patriots/Celtics/Team France fan but the parts of Maine on the border with New Brunswick might not be huge NFL towns.

Anyways, at the moment, the AFC playoff matchups include Chiefs/Dolphins which means that we could hear a lot about the Tyreek Hill trade in the near future (BTW, I think Tyreek is way more valuable to the Dolphins than Tua, but receivers don't get MVP support (especially not receivers with Tyreek's personal track record), so..)

5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Seeing Tom Brady's team get taken apart and the Patriot lose in the most comically way possible on the same day was tremendous. 

Plus Dicker the Kicker gets another game winner in San Diego. Love seeing a UT folk hero getting a run in the NFL.

• Like 1