DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's a lie that he felt horrible immediately. No, his IMMEDIATE reaction was to point at a security guard and make it clear to the guard he was angry that the photographer was there doing his job 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tabe said:

It's a lie that he felt horrible immediately. No, his IMMEDIATE reaction was to point at a security guard and make it clear to the guard he was angry that the photographer was there doing his job 

Agree that, while we can't know what was going on in his head, his body language in that clip definitely does not convey regret.

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And here's the video...

yup. . .  

There is no stumble, but that hand thing he's doing could be a sign of a head/neck issue. I honestly feel like we're reaching a tipping point with head injuries. We watch this shit every week, so we're desensitized to how violent of a game we're watching. If you get hit like that and it looks like you can't feel your fingers... you probably shouldn't be playing football. The problem is that,  there's a hit like that in every game,  most of the time is not in a quarterback so we aren't playing as much attention. The 53 man roster is going to start looking a little skimpy if we remove everyone who might have a head injury. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Meanwhile in DC that loud beeping noise you hear is Ron Rivera backing up his bus on his starting QB over and over again.  Well Wentz generally suck it was rather amazing to out right blame his QB

Wentz is so much worse this year than he even was last year. It's amazing.

It sounds like the Dolphins are going to start Bridgewater this weekend against Minnesota.  (Obviously based on whether or not he clears protocol tomorrow.  There appears to be no reason why he wouldn't from all reporting.)  

Tagovailoa appears to be doing well and may clear protocol himself tomorrow as well, though it is doubtful he'll play.  I'd guess he'll start the Sunday Night game in a couple of weeks against Pittsburgh. 

So at the moment, the Giants don't have a punter for Sunday as their current punter, Jamie Gillan is having a visa issue that is preventing him from getting back into the US

Per the NFL Network, Gillan, who is Scottish, came to the US on a NATO visa with this father, and that was never changed to a work visa when he entered the NFL.

Normally I would say "I can't believe that a team doesn't make sure everything is okay before having to play internationally" but I am positive this is a case where the Giants asked the NFL if it would be a problem and someone in the NFL hand waved it away being all NO BIG DEAL!!!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tagovailoa appears to be doing well and may clear protocol himself tomorrow as well, though it is doubtful he'll play.  I'd guess he'll start the Sunday Night game in a couple of weeks against Pittsburgh. 

Do we really want Tua's first game back to be the only nationally televised game on at the time given everything?

• Like 1

a) Good for him making some paper on the side. 

b) Fuck him for making/selling NFT's

c) A lawyer in NFL HQ is currently adding "no more NFTs" in big red capital letters to the to do list on the next CBA negotiations. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Adams has made more headlines than Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, and there’s only 1 difference in the headlines. Adams’ doesn’t involve catching bombs for touchdowns in the meantime. He’s the most irrelevant diva of them all. 

I say that about the guy so that my taking up for him somewhat doesn’t sound to homerlike. Everybody is casting stones at him like they’ve never shoved anybody. If you haven’t that’s great but it’s also great that you’re not judging somebody who has. I’ve shoved people and I’ve been shoved and we all survived. He doesn’t deserve what’s surely to come of it IMO. 

26 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Adams has made more headlines than Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, and there’s only 1 difference in the headlines. Adams’ doesn’t involve catching bombs for touchdowns in the meantime. He’s the most irrelevant diva of them all. 

I say that about the guy so that my taking up for him somewhat doesn’t sound to homerlike. Everybody is casting stones at him like they’ve never shoved anybody. If you haven’t that’s great but it’s also great that you’re not judging somebody who has. I’ve shoved people and I’ve been shoved and we all survived. He doesn’t deserve what’s surely to come of it IMO. 

While there is always the "shoves are no big deal" guy, the context also matters. When you shoved someone, were you at work and shoved a contractor that was authorized to work in your building with no warning or backstory? I doubt it. Yea, two people may get into an argument and there may be some shoving, that happens in life, but that wasn't this. This was an angry multi-millionaire that shoved someone probably making 20 bucks an hour trying to do this job with no provocation. It is possible of course the person is playing up the injuries for a lawsuit, I have no idea, but Adams should 100% get in trouble for what he did, he is in a different life and professional position than the average person and he is held to a higher standard than Joe The Bartender would be.

• Like 2