Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Can't say yet. Between it and MODOK, I've got some modestly well-reviewed cape stuff available to me in the near future. 

Re: Leftovers, the showrunner there is responsible for the HBO Watchmen series and its style of storytelling. So if you dig it, seasons two and three of the Leftovers will be your jam. For sure. He was also there for season one, but they found surer footing for season two when they reverted largely to the type of storytelling which worked for him on Lost and then jazzed it up for a premium presentation. 

Cheers, fella.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2021 at 1:35 AM, John from Cincinnati said:

Can't say yet. Between it and MODOK, I've got some modestly well-reviewed cape stuff available to me in the near future. 

Re: Leftovers, the showrunner there is responsible for the HBO Watchmen series and its style of storytelling. So if you dig it, seasons two and three of the Leftovers will be your jam. For sure. He was also there for season one, but they found surer footing for season two when they reverted largely to the type of storytelling which worked for him on Lost and then jazzed it up for a premium presentation. 

Leftovers is a great fucking show. I loved season one to pieces, season two was just as good (if not better), but season three was just batshit crazy and I still don't know how I feel about it honestly. And that was years ago.

The plastic bag stuff with Kevin, and him singing Homeward Bound... fucking hell, man. Powerful stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Leftovers is a great fucking show. I loved season one to pieces, season two was just as good (if not better), but season three was just batshit crazy and I still don't know how I feel about it honestly. And that was years ago.

The plastic bag stuff with Kevin, and him singing Homeward Bound... fucking hell, man. Powerful stuff.

And it made everyone go "Holy shit, Carrie Coon should be in more stuff." Hard to fault a show that gave us that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stephen Colbert's "Put You on the Spot" questions to Samuel L. Jackson last night

What Are Your Top Five Samuel L. Jackson Movies?

1. The Long Kiss Goodnight

2. A Time To Kill

3. Jackie Brown

4. The Red Violin

5. 187

and

What Are Your Top Five Movies That Can or Cannot Include Samuel L. Jackson In Them?

1. The Raid

2. The Godfather

3. Hard Boiled

4. Hoodlum

5. The Berlin File

Edited by Curt McGirt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NBC has cancelled Manifest

They are hoping to get picked up by someone else (potentially Netflix as apparently the episodes do decent streaming numbers there)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

NBC has cancelled Manifest

They are hoping to get picked up by someone else (potentially Netflix as apparently the episodes do decent streaming numbers there)

Between that and Zoe, my wife is very not happy with NBC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like Clarice is done.  There will be no Paramount+ only S2 and it also looks like there will be no S2 on regular CBS either.

All I want is a real series finale for Hannibal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 10:10 AM, RIPPA said:

NBC has cancelled Manifest

They are hoping to get picked up by someone else (potentially Netflix as apparently the episodes do decent streaming numbers there)

I'm ok with this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only now catching up on last week's episode of Mr Inbetween and, jesus, what a show this is. I am a giant child so giggling at the Superman joke and the fucking vajankle thing (I mean, Gary, is legit under the radar one of the best characters on TV in the last few years, right?) one minute but, it being Mr Inbetween, of course it goes dark as fuck right after. 

Best show on TV. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so I binged all five episodes of the new season. Just fantastic. 

Spoiler

I'd completely forgot about the killing his brother deal, and how much he hated his dad. The last scene (so far) in the old folks home just wrecked me. 

Then meanwhile, you've got kid trouble and, er, girlfriend trouble, foot Fleshlights and dumbass Gary not knowing what "homoerotic" meant somehow, despite being a total porn freak.

...and THEN you've got the sick thrill of Ray going Ray on people to the tune of a guy getting kneecapped, threatened with acid, robbed and hung who totally absolutely deserved it.

This show hits A LOT of different notes.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...