DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I know Barry isn't a violent guy, but if someone who'd already slugged me once walked up to me the way Eddie did at the coffee shop before the out-of-nowhere hug, I'd be removing his teeth from my knuckles.

Maybe it's just me, but Iris was kinda shitty for telling Eddie about it anyway.  Like, wtf did she think would happen?  Also, me and my buddy couldn't remember the timeline, but did the awkward bowling date still theoretically happen to time travel Barry?

Maybe it's just me, but Iris was kinda shitty for telling Eddie about it anyway.  Like, wtf did she think would happen?  Also, me and my buddy couldn't remember the timeline, but did the awkward bowling date still theoretically happen to time travel Barry?

I believe so because if I'm remembering correctly he left the bowling date then saw himself running next to him. Also yeah Iris' judgment sucks.

Arrow

So did they kill Deadshot because of the Suicide Squad movie?

I wondered that a while back because of a throwaway line from Waller in one episode.

I sincerely hope not, I really like Michael Rowe's portrayal of the character and would love to see him showing up again. Maybe on that crossover show with Atom, Firestorm, Captain Cold etc.

Arrow:

No way is Deadshot dead.  Rule number one, did we see a body?

Also, why is Palmer DC's Ironman?  Isn't ATOM supposed to shrink and shit?

Two reasons. 1) they were initially super reluctant to have anyone with meta powers on Arrow and 2) when the 3rd season arc was written, they wanted to use Ted Kord (Blue Beetle). When DC vetoed Ted, Ray became a somewhat awkward (ha ha) replacement.

Ted Kord would have been amazing.  I kinda like the Palmer character out of the suit, but having him basically be Iron Man instead of an inch tall is killing my interest in the character.

And, yeah, Flash's bowling alley date happened before the time loop.  Barry looped back to events that happened just after he left the bowling alley. 

Flash did what I expected, but they went the least interesting direction with the story.

I kinda like that they made Iris African-American, but otherwise the character and actress are approaching Katie Cassidy/Laurel Lance levels of annoyance for me.  And twisting the backstory so that they are de facto step-siblings makes the slow burn romance kinda creepy.

Actually, did they ever establish if Joe adopted Barry or not?  I'm assuming not, since Barry's dad is still alive and it would make the Iris infatuation over-the-top creepy.

I get the feeling what Wells said about time finding a way to fix itslf is going to end up playing out over the remaining episodes. Barry creating a divergent timeline has to has deepre repercussions for the long haul

James

• Like 1

I'm holding out childish, desperate, guaranteed-to-be-dashed hopes that Ray will shrink when he shows up on the Flash or if the spinoff happens beyond the pilot. I love Ray in the comics, I really want to see him do his thing. (A friend recently pointed out that while I have characters I love who don't fit into either group, a weird and unsettling number of my favorite heroes are either size-shifters or speedsters. I should think on this.)

Ted Kord would have been amazing.  I kinda like the Palmer character out of the suit, but having him basically be Iron Man instead of an inch tall is killing my interest in the character.

And, yeah, Flash's bowling alley date happened before the time loop.  Barry looped back to events that happened just after he left the bowling alley. 

Flash did what I expected, but they went the least interesting direction with the story.

I kinda like that they made Iris African-American, but otherwise the character and actress are approaching Katie Cassidy/Laurel Lance levels of annoyance for me.  And twisting the backstory so that they are de facto step-siblings makes the slow burn romance kinda creepy.

Actually, did they ever establish if Joe adopted Barry or not?  I'm assuming not, since Barry's dad is still alive and it would make the Iris infatuation over-the-top creepy.

I agree with that statement but then Candice Patton shows up wearing that dress and

tumblr_n02j1wv8zb1rpyzbko1_500.gif?w=500

suddenly I forgive and forget...

Also, re: Ray. 

I've read as many Atom comics as mostly anyone here I imagine. 

Someone give me some Ray Palmer comic personality traits.

I'd say that he was vaguely escapist, prone to hide in microscopic kingdoms instead of facing his mean lawyer ex-wife.

Sort of a science dorky occasionally. 

That's all I've got. He's a character which really didn't get as much 80s/90s attention when they were fleshing out the two dimensional 60s characters. 

For me, aside from the generic "sciency" shit his overriding traits are his irrational, borderline creepy devotion to Jean pre-divorce (HOW many of his silver age stories were helping Jean win a case?) and post-Sword, slotting him in as the teacher. There was the period when he was running superhero night school, his co-leading of the Obsidian Age league where he very much seems to be the "professor" to inexperienced guys, etc. I'm okay with giving Ray some more Kord-ish traits, but he at least had a few angles of his own.

Also, re: Ray. 

I've read as many Atom comics as mostly anyone here I imagine. 

Someone give me some Ray Palmer comic personality traits.

I'd say that he was vaguely escapist, prone to hide in microscopic kingdoms instead of facing his mean lawyer ex-wife.

Sort of a science dorky occasionally. 

That's all I've got. He's a character which really didn't get as much 80s/90s attention when they were fleshing out the two dimensional 60s characters. 

Man, I'd really like to refute your idea that Ray has no personality, but the only defining character traits I can think of right now are that he's super sciency (already mentioned and, anyway, him and about 700 other people in the DCU) and he's really bad at spotting signs of mental illness.

OK, you may have a point.

So, um, CW Ray is a minister. What kind? I would assume something like Unitarian Universalist rather than any mainstream theistic group. There's always the Universal Life Church, but that's enough of a throwaway joke that "It's a long story" wouldn't really be an appropriate explanation.

So, um, CW Ray is a minister. What kind? I would assume something like Unitarian Universalist rather than any mainstream theistic group. There's always the Universal Life Church, but that's enough of a throwaway joke that "It's a long story" wouldn't really be an appropriate explanation.

Comics Ray Palmer was notably Jewish (see the Channukah at 22,300 Feet story in JLA)

So for Team Atom (which we don't have a proper title for yet, still) we now have Ray, Firestorm, Captain Cold, Caity Lotz as someone who may or may not be Sara Lance, and now Ciara Renee as Hawkgirl and Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter. I'm not familiar with the former, but the latter seems like really weird casting if Hunter is going to be ANYTHING like the comics version.  I'm also disappointed they went with Rip and not his daddy, but it could be worse. Could be Waverider.

Next week's Flash (with Mark Hamill as the Trickster) looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

It was awesome imo.

Also, Rose McIver's lead-in to iZombie during The Flash credits is killing me. Her voice always has me wondering, "Who is this woman and is she on the show?"