DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

I think Brady should have been suspended for the entire season and fined 15 million $. This is unrelated to Deflategate, I just want to annoy my cousin who only likes the Pats because of him.

• Like 3

If everyone was told after five weeks that Lorenzo Alexander would be the NFL Sack Leader, people would have had to go to Google to see who that even was. Hell everyone probably still would have to. One thing the Ryan brothers are good at is maximizing blitzing potential in their LBs.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't remember what I said in 2013 but I don't remember blaming it on holding, I never saw any real holding on that play. The throw against the Seahawks at the end with the Sherman tip, it was a good throw but a better play by Sherman.  Crabtree had a history of blaming others but he was good and I'm happy for his play with the Raiders. 

I'm not expecting Kaep to do much at all especially with this roster. I'm just happy Gabbert is out.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

D- trolling, please try again.

5wFcK0u.jpg

Um, that's offensive yards per game. The Bills are giving up over 350 yards per game, good for 15th in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

While all this is very true, the fact is still the defense has not been disastrous this year which is all that matters to me as a Bills fan, especially the last three games since they made some 'behind the scenes' changes. How the Ryans did at the Saints and the Jets with different coaches and different players isn't incredibly relevant to 2016.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah, I don't remember what I said in 2013 but I don't remember blaming it on holding, I never saw any real holding on that play. The throw against the Seahawks at the end with the Sherman tip, it was a good throw but a better play by Sherman.  Crabtree had a history of blaming others but he was good and I'm happy for his play with the Raiders. 

I'm not expecting Kaep to do much at all especially with this roster. I'm just happy Gabbert is out.

In all seriousness, the QB for the 49ers shouldn't really matter too much as if I was San Fran I'd be doing all I can to make Hyde the focus as I think he is much better than all the other offensive players. Plus if Hyde gets going it opens up other things. That's my only fear about Sunday, if Hyde starts out hot and San Fran is eating clock while Kaep mixes in some play action stuff, it could be a long day.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

In all seriousness, the QB for the 49ers shouldn't really matter too much as if I was San Fran I'd be doing all I can to make Hyde the focus as I think he is much better than all the other offensive players. Plus if Hyde gets going it opens up other things. That's my only fear about Sunday, if Hyde starts out hot and San Fran is eating clock while Kaep mixes in some play action stuff, it could be a long day.

The only other thing is the possibility of Smith getting going.  Supposedly Kaep still has a strong arm, if he can somehow get Smith involved other than just being a decoy than that's something. But even if the 49ers put some points up, I don't think it matters.   I'm thinking it could be something like 31-21. 

I expect Buffalo to put up points. The Bowman injury was devastating. All this talk of an improved defense went straight out the window when he went down. Bills will put up points.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The only other thing is the possibility of Smith getting going.  Supposedly Kaep still has a strong arm, if he can somehow get Smith involved other than just being a decoy than that's something. But even if the 49ers put some points up, I don't think it matters.   I'm thinking it could be something like 31-21. 

I expect Buffalo to put up points. The Bowman injury was devastating. All this talk of an improved defense went straight out the window when he went down. Bills will put up points.

As a Bills fan, I am contractually obligated to map out every way the Bills can lose a game before the game takes place. "Hyde Running + Play Action" is what I've come up with. Plus a missed Carpenter FG and a poorly timed fumble.

• Like 1

In normal Kaepernick news, it was 'officially' announced that his contract was restructured and he is a free agent after this year now unless he opts into next year (but that money isn't guaranteed). I know that had leaked but I hadn't read the exact details of it. Seems fair for all parties, Kaepernick wanted to be traded last year so it gives him a chance to spread his wings elsewhere, and the 49ers cut four years off the old deal so their obligation is likely over in three months and they can move on. I mean in theory if Kaep plays well and the 49ers want to they can sign him to a new deal, I just don't think that is likely all things considered.

Lots of pressure on Kaep, if he plays well the rest of the year he could get 18+ million a year in his next contract still. He'd just have to show he can regain his form from 2012 and 2013, I guess we will know soon enough.

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

D- trolling, please try again.

5wFcK0u.jpg

Yeah, let's ignore all the other years Rob Ryan ran defenses that broke records for ineptitude. 

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

In normal Kaepernick news, it was 'officially' announced that his contract was restructured and he is a free agent after this year now unless he opts into next year (but that money isn't guaranteed). I know that had leaked but I hadn't read the exact details of it. Seems fair for all parties, Kaepernick wanted to be traded last year so it gives him a chance to spread his wings elsewhere, and the 49ers cut four years off the old deal so their obligation is likely over in three months and they can move on. I mean in theory if Kaep plays well and the 49ers want to they can sign him to a new deal, I just don't think that is likely all things considered.

Lots of pressure on Kaep, if he plays well the rest of the year he could get 18+ million a year in his next contract still. He'd just have to show he can regain his form from 2012 and 2013, I guess we will know soon enough.

The big news is that his contract does not become guaranteed if he gets hurt. THAT is why he's starting now. They're shopping him. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

The big news is that his contract does not become guaranteed if he gets hurt. THAT is why he's starting now. They're shopping him. 

I think the bigger news is that in a few months he will be an unrestricted free agent if he wants to, when before he was locked into a long term contract that he didn't want to be in anymore. They are playing him because now there is no long term financial risk to them if he gets hurt and because he is likely better than 'ol Gabbert, he isn't being shopped. He will have only played two games before the trade deadline and no team is trading for a two month loan on a QB that will have to learn a new offense and will be a free agent.  Although to Kaep its basically a tryout for the 31 other teams, as long as he plays decently he'll be a hot free agent come February so I think he came out the best as next year he could be on a much better team and the 49ers may still have no QB.

• Like 1