DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

I just had the best match I've ever played in a 2K/Yukes rasslin game and it had this beauty near the end (btw, I blame digital Kevin Dunn for the shitty camera cut):

Ospreay tagged in shortly after, went for a 630, Matt moved out of the way and then hit Ospreay (me) with a superkick while I was kneeling. Just incredible.

Despite all that goodness, I'm still seeing lots of frame rate drops and some screen tearing on PS4 even after the patch. Too bad because this game is fucking great between the engine and incredible work from CAW makers (as seen above).

In-game is pretty darn similar to last year's with only minor upgrades I'd say. But I really enjoyed last year's for 1v1 and 2v2 traditional matches. The big improvements this year are in multi-person matches and some of the gimmick matches.

4 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

To be fair it is in real life too.

But videogame Sid is only like 1/2 as ugly as real Sid which is to say he needs work.  His pyro looks dope at least

l_737ca935e8cff2248531d0dc05b3289a.gif~c

You're just jelly. 

• Like 2

I'm having a pretty good time with this game, but -

MyCareer is kind of a chore to slog through.I can't break up my tag team because I'm in about a bajillion rivalries, so I can't cut a promo. I also somehow managed to skip NXT entirely and get put on the main roster because they needed tag teams, so I'm paired up with someone one of my friends created (luckily it's not some dumb CAW, it actually looks like a wrestler). I'm perfectly fine doing MyCareer if I wasn't in a tag team, and it's super annoying that you can't control your partner. Oh well, on to other things.

Universe mode is exactly how I remember it. Probably won't get much use out of it until I get some more CAWs. Which brings me to another thing - there's a download limit? I was downloading puroresu CAWs and then I hit the limit and was told I can download more in 12 hours or something. That's new, to me anyway - WWE14 didn't have that. Is it something you have to pay to get rid of, or is this a new (stupid) feature? Also, I'm on Xbox One - is there a severe lack of good CAWs on this platform? I've found maybe 15 good ones, the rest I've seen look like garbage. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, who knows.

The real fun I've had with this game has came from exhibition mode and the tournament option. Spent most of my day either playing tournaments or simulating them to crown champions for some of the titles (WWF World, WWF European, WCW Heavyweight, WCW Tag, WCW US, WWE Cruiserweight, etc). I did one for the IWGP Heavyweight title that was pretty fun, ended in a 4 1/2 star match with Okada versus Kojima, the first time around it ended in a double count-out, then the match was restarted and Okada pulled out the victory with the Rainmaker.

I did a fun Last Man Standing match with Shane O'Mac versus Lesnar earlier, with Shane defeating Lesnar after a top rope suplex to the outside. And last night I did an Iron Man match with Asuka against Charlotte for both the NXT & WWE Women's titles. How weird is it that you can't actually do a 60 minute match? Anyway, that was a fucking fun match, 3-2 and Charlotte cheated every time she got the pin (and eventually the win). I almost tied it in the last few seconds, but Charlotte has some good stamina apparently.

There's a few frame-rate glitches and stuff like the menu and entrance music not playing after awhile, but that last one is easily fixable. I don't know if I ever got a patch update when I installed the game, but I don't even know how to check for updates.

TL;DR - this is a pretty good game, with some flaws obviously.