DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

7 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

0FzQLD8.gif

I'm laughing at the idea of someone no-selling a Brock punch and retaliating with a slap.  On the other hand, that seems like it'd be one of the most WWE-things ever.

MtCx3Is.gif

Looks like he tried to target the ref.

Caved in and bought the game. I played the fuck out of WWE 2k16, so I figured an upgrade/update was in order. A bit disappointed with the roster though, only a handful of actual new wrestlers and most of the good/new ones are DLC unfortunately (Nakamura, Bullet Club or Guerrero). Tempted to get the season pass, is it worth it? I don't care that much about the moves DLC since I rarely create CAW's or mess around with the move sets.

Not sure what belts you guys are going for, but I found out that once I'm done a feud, calling out higher-ranked guys in promos and attacking them before their matches incites a new feud and if I win that, I quickly move up. 

I remember jumping from 7th to 3rd going after the US Title, and just skipped a spot going after the IC belt. 

22 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Not sure what belts you guys are going for, but I found out that once I'm done a feud, calling out higher-ranked guys in promos and attacking them before their matches incites a new feud and if I win that, I quickly move up. 

I remember jumping from 7th to 3rd going after the US Title, and just skipped a spot going after the IC belt. 

This worked for me - once I got to #3 in the IC title rankings, I was able to start a feud with Cena and win the belt from him at the next PPV.

The only belt you seem to be able to leapfrog to is the World title - winning the Royal Rumble gets you the title shot at WrestleMania, but I think you have to be in the World rankings to qualify for the Rumble.  I started the rankings after winning the title in December, was #10 in the rankings, won the Rumble from #6 (eat shit, Reigns) and was only up to #9 when I won the belt at WrestleMania from Lesnar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I still cant get a title match, but i did finally get to form a tag team with Rusev.  (Im already managed by Lana.)

Please ask her to always wear the dress she had on last night on RAW when she accompanies you to the ring.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

boy, does the computer not want to give me a US title match. 

I've been feuding with Seth for like 6 weeks and it keeps putting me in tag matches or 6 mans with Rusev vs the PTPers.

And now, I just had a 3 on 1 handicap match vs Seth, Owens and Ambrose (champ and 1 and 2 contenders).

It's week 4, so let's hope I get a title shot. (i'm still 3rd)

Finally won the US title. won a 1 star squash submitting Seth with my first move (triangle choke). took no changes.

First defense was against Cena at TLC. 

Now, I guess I will see what I do at the Rumble, title match on in the Rumble itself.

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Now, I guess I will see what I do at the Rumble, title match on in the Rumble itself.

Get yourself into the World title rankings before the Rumble or you probably won't be in it.  Just entering contention is fine and you won't be stripped of the US title.  I won the Rumble as the #10 contender and became World champion at WrestleMania (after defending the IC title as well)

I had a singles match. Cant recall if it was a title match or not. 

I am in a feud with AJ, that i started, but he was not and still not in my IC rankings list.

I just wanted to wrestle someone other than cena rollins or ambrose again. 

It's sure going to be great to play Von Erichs vs Freebirds in the Sportatorium.  I can't wait to get home to play it.  The Freebird entrances alone have me all kinds of excited, that's really spot-on.  As for the arenas in past games it would be a bitch to find a proper version of the NWA and WCCW arenas, so it's great to not have to worry about them this time around.

That DLC pack just sold me on buy 2K17. Not for the Freebirds or the Sportatorium, but for Sting's entrance with his original, pre-Man They Call Sting music. Now if he were only introduced as, "THIS. IS. STIIIIIIING!"

Also, I realize that's how he's introduced, but it needs to be Penzer's voice.

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That DLC pack just sold me on buy 2K17. Not for the Freebirds or the Sportatorium, but for Sting's entrance with his original, pre-Man They Call Sting music. Now if he were only introduced as, "THIS. IS. STIIIIIIING!"

Also, I realize that's how he's introduced, but it needs to be Penzer's voice.

Should've been Capetta. He ruled.