DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, odessasteps said:

I almost rage quit last night fighting Hunter. He took two sig/fin combos and tons of brawling outside before i could finally beat him. 

Is that a lot? I play '16, not '17, but in that Big Show can't even beat Fandango with one finisher. Did they make finishers more effective in '17?

Depends.  There's a slider for that, so more jobbery guys go down to one finisher, but way more people have the resiliency ability that gives you a free kickout, which will make you not get that pin after the first finisher. 

I've found once I bought the top of the line finishers pack, the A rated ones seems to finish matches with only a couple where before I would have to hit Seth Rollins with 4 finishers before even thinking about pinning him. 

I noticed that too - I switched to Sweet Chin Music (A-level and Exciting Moment move) and was putting midcard guys down with one.  Ditto the Reigns spear.

tzXahLH.jpg

After changing to a Muta-style gimmick (I really wish you could rename) I'm finally at #4 for the IC title, which I've heard is the level you can finally start getting title shots.  I am outright stalking Cena till I can get in a feud at the right time to get a title shot.

So after nearly two in-game years, I accomplished two goals: 

a) I went from full heel to nearly full babyface.  The trick is wrestling clean - eliminate strikes, don't fight on the floor, spread out your offense over multiple body parts, and under no circumstances are you to draw blood or attack the referee.  Also, PROMOS.  Screw the points, just suck up to the crowd the whole time.  You Love Double Double E.  

b) Intercontinental champion, taking the belt from Cena in a TLC match at, uh, TLC.  Also far easier than expected - I just kept bopping him off the ladder while I worked through the mini-game.

Paul Heyman Guy mode is just as stupid as WWE HOF mode was before.  I don't see a way through it that won't be at least two more years of game time if you're really lucky.  Debating dropping the IC title and winning it back a couple of times before trying to hold onto it for a full year while working through the 10 feuds.  

6 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

So after nearly two in-game years, I accomplished two goals: 

a) I went from full heel to nearly full babyface.  The trick is wrestling clean - eliminate strikes, don't fight on the floor, spread out your offense over multiple body parts, and under no circumstances are you to draw blood or attack the referee.  Also, PROMOS.  Screw the points, just suck up to the crowd the whole time.  You Love Double Double E.  

b) Intercontinental champion, taking the belt from Cena in a TLC match at, uh, TLC.  Also far easier than expected - I just kept bopping him off the ladder while I worked through the mini-game.

Paul Heyman Guy mode is just as stupid as WWE HOF mode was before.  I don't see a way through it that won't be at least two more years of game time if you're really lucky.  Debating dropping the IC title and winning it back a couple of times before trying to hold onto it for a full year while working through the 10 feuds.  

I had the US belt when i decided to also go for the world title. I lost the belt in a fatal four way where i was not pinned. :(

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Adventures of Botch Man is both the greatest thing ever in this game and the worst. How is this a real finished game? God bless us, everyone.

Yeah, there are still some hilariously awful glitches in the game, even after what, five patches?  Mark Henry comes out wearing my custom cruiserweight title for some reason, and there are a couple of tag finishers that are basically useless because the non-legal man immediately attacks the ref after hitting the move.