DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Dallas.

The Natural

The Revival's jackets were freakin sweet.

Great call on the strobe-light effect for Nakamura's entrance, his gestures came off great.

Was it the forearm or the flying body press (before the forearm-off) that busted Nakamura's nose?

I think NXT is gradually booking Asuka, Finn and Bayley into three corners.  Finn does not lose when he is painted up and Asuka does not lose at all.

Bayley passing out rather than tapping out protects her for the time being, but what do you do about rematches against a new champ that simply does not get beaten?   How do Finn and Asuka deal with new contenders?   Shouldn't they wipe the floor with anyone that isn't Bayley or Samoa Joe?  How do you build Nak into a viable contender when he just manages to get a flash pin against Zayn?  What do you do with Zayn after he eats a loss to Nak?

I think they took the belt off of Bayley too soon and they are waiting too long to take the belt off of Finn and I'd definitely have put Joe over as he is more than monster enough to beat the Demon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How do you build Nak into a viable contender when he just manages to get a flash pin against Zayn?  What do you do with Zayn after he eats a loss to Nak

A flash pin? He hit Sami with his finisher after 20 minutes of a brutal back and forth match. And this was Sami's farewell match in NXT, so there's nothing more to do with him here. He's off to WWE Main Roster Land here on out.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I think NXT is gradually booking Asuka, Finn and Bayley into three corners.  Finn does not lose when he is painted up and Asuka does not lose at all.

Bayley passing out rather than tapping out protects her for the time being, but what do you do about rematches against a new champ that simply does not get beaten?   How do Finn and Asuka deal with new contenders?   Shouldn't they wipe the floor with anyone that isn't Bayley or Samoa Joe?  How do you build Nak into a viable contender when he just manages to get a flash pin against Zayn?  What do you do with Zayn after he eats a loss to Nak?

I think they took the belt off of Bayley too soon and they are waiting too long to take the belt off of Finn and I'd definitely have put Joe over as he is more than monster enough to beat the Demon.

I would kind of agree with the Bayley sentiments. You need to keep her busy in NXT for a few more months. The logical time to bring her up to the main roster will be before Summerslam. Allow Queen Sasha to run through a few challengers as champ, and then we get Sasha/Bayley 3 in the same arena where it all started. I know that is too logical for WWE's creative team with Vince at the helm, but it's the right thing to do.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bayley passing out rather than tapping out protects her for the time being, but what do you do about rematches.   How do Finn and Asuka deal with new contenders? 

Booking a third title change was too much and would have taken away from AA and Asuka winning. And plus it took Balor a few months to find his sea legs as champion but he has.

Just now, MonteCarl said:

A flash pin? He hit Sami with his finisher after 20 minutes of a brutal back and forth match. And this was Sami's farewell match in NXT, so there's nothing more to do with him here. He's off to WWE Main Roster Land here on out.

I am exorcising my Constitutional right to selective memory.  I shudder to think what will happen to Zayn on the main roster.  This is just a bad dream.

Just now, El Dragon said:

This is how I feel whenever anyone gets called up. 

I miss you Tyler Breeze :(

I can see Breeze in the coming months going back down to nXt to get an Emma style rehabilitation. Maybe even give him a brief run with the NXT title. He's earned it. I feel bad for him.

Please no sympathy title runs. Breeze isn't a guy that needs titles to be effective and after last night, he could bludgeon Balor with his selfie stick 100 times and I wouldn't believe him as a viable contender to dethrone Finn.

I generally feel bad for me more than the talents when they get called up. Yeah, they get paid and I'm always happy to see that but they also discover what the Catholics meant when they invented purgatory. Great talent wilts on the vine.

19 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Well, that was weird.

Anyway, I do not think they took the belt of Bayley too early, because I still think Bayley is the most likely person to take the belt of Asuka at this point. Yesterday didn't feel like an end to Bayley's story in NXT, just the next story arc.

Asuka is a fucking nightmare worker in the best possible sense so they are going to have to super book Bayley in order to lift the title from Asuka.  The angle s treading into John Cena water and I say that in a not so flattering way.  Otherwise Bayley just continues to lose heartbreakers.

I know the hook for booking Bayley is to make her out to be the spunky underdog but she at least has the babyface dragon slaying mega finisher in her arsenal that helps her prevail. I'd have put Bayley over Asuka (flash pin desperation finisher) last night to introduce at least some minor degree of Achilles' Heel and then put Asuka over later on in some brutal Pier Sixer.

Wow!  That main event was SOOO much better than the London match.  The spot with the security guard was great.  Joe pushing the medics away was a nice touch even though the goofy ref stoppages just kept racking up.  I feel like they should have given up on that at some point.  That was a tough show to main event, but they definitely got the job done.  Does Balor winning mean my dreams of main roster Joe are still alive!?!  It's good to have the real Joe back either way.

I would rank em: 

Nak/Zayn

Joe/Balor

Aries/Corbin

Tag Title

Bayley/Asuka

I'm about to go back and read this thread, so I'll stay away from talking about Nak/Zayn because I'm sure everything has been said.  They better let Zayn take it easy in the ladder match after that performance.

I'm sure I loved Aries/Corbin more than most, but that was just a really well worked match stuck between the two biggest crowd reactions of the night.  Loved how they were able to keep the fans invested while also not really burning through that much stuff.  Corbin's control segment was legit the best and Aries selling of the shoulder was top tier. 

Tag title match was fun, but they for sure have a better match in them. 

I just couldn't get into the women's title match, but it was still solid. You don't really notice how weak Bayley's offense is until she is in the ring with a real monster. The toughest spot on the card without a doubt.  Some matches you just can't follow.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finn & Joe worked the stoppages in really as they just decided to go 2000% on the restarts

Joe also really portrayed the idea that he was going to kill someone when he was bleeding on the ramp and they were trying to tend to him. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Asuka is a fucking nightmare worker in the best possible sense so they are going to have to super book Bayley in order to lift the title from Asuka. 

Problem is, who is Asuka facing in the meantime? Nia Jaxx?