DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It's unbelievable how incompetent everybody from both sides came off.

Hogan was obviously in the right but he was still up there with his stupid court bandana perjuring himself over WrestleMania 3 and babbling about his character's penis while his lawyer yelled at people like an insane person.

Such a clown show.

Well Bubba was right. The tape was gonna make a lot of money. Just not for him. Seriously though good for Hulk. Gawker is a piece of shit website and their editor sunk any defense they had when he went up on the stand was acting like the dick that he is. I mean he had the balls to say in open court that if he got a sex tape of President Obama and Michelle, it wouldn't be that important to run.

On the serious side this gonna get appealed. He won't actually get that $115 million. But he'll still own the website when this is over....DUDE.

• Like 1

When I was 10 I headbutted my sister, but I did it exaggerated WWF style. Like JYD. Rear way back with the head and then I drove my forehead into hers as hard as I could. She cried, but I hurt myself too. I wasn't allowed to watch wrestling for a while after that,

Many years later, a friend of mine had to some major work to the low-rider truck he owned so he bought a run down piece of shit to drive around in until he finished the work. I think he only paid $250 for it and this was like 13 years ago (but it did run). Anyway he decides he doesn't want to bother trying to sell the junker to somebody else, he's just gonna scrap it. Before he does, he told everyone at work (we were both working together at a Jiffy Lube) that we could beat the shit out of the car if we wanted. A lot of guys kicked the doors, stuff like that. Me? I climb up onto the roof of my truck, do the Macho Man finger point thing, jump off and execute a picture perfect Macho Man elbowdrop onto the roof of his car. It hurt like shit, but I got a good pop.

• Like 2

I'm not crazy about Hogan, but if there is a babyface in that story, it's still him. Racist, Scumbag, and whatever, sure, but Gawker is clearly the bigger evil, and if it gets them shut down, then fucking great.

He's just a SMW baby face?

• Like 5

If you think $115 million is a lot, wait a few years until Hogan has some time to apply his HulkArithmetic to it. I can see the shoot interview now, "brother, the most important moment of my personal life was when I awarded $978 million for beating Gawker. We broke all the records with that one, dude."

• Like 1

If you think $115 million is a lot, wait a few years until Hogan has some time to apply his HulkArithmetic to it. I can see the shoot interview now, "brother, the most important moment of my personal life was when the US Supreme Court awarded me $978 million for beating Gawker. We broke all the records with that one, dude and Justice Scalia died hours later."

FTFY

• Like 5

The most telling thing about this is right now when Gawker is more famous than they've ever been, you go on their site and there isn't a single thing about today's events.  Apparently they'll kick anyone when they're down.  But when it's themselves? They literally are one of the biggest news stories today, and because now they are on the other side, they won't even cover it.  I can't stand either side of this, but if this is how they handle it, I'm glad they lost.

The term SMW baby face somehow reminds me of when I met Cactus Jack at a SMW house show. He wasn't allowed to sign autographs unless people bought something. For folks that didn't look like they wanted to part with 20 bucks for one of his old WCW shirts, he suggested picking up the autographed Tammy Sytch 8 x 10s. I may not be exactly right in remembering what he said, but it was something to the effect of, "Only 5 bucks. Great ass shot."

I didn't really have a point in sharing that, except to say I like sites where such stories can be shared.

So, where were we? Oh yeah, Hogan. Seriously, I think by the time I hit the post button, he'll have already been offered to buy in to 3 promotions. Not so seriously? Him and Bushwhacker Luke vs ReDragon at ROH Final Battle 2016.

• Like 3