DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Bored at work and thinking about the Ibushi situation. What do we think is the likelihood he turns up here?

Thinking about it, he really would be the perfect guy to lose in the final (assuming Sombra wins). He's got a big enough name for it to mean something, he would be a draw, especially for the network in Japan, and obviously the two of them should have a great match.

• Like 1

Maybe all of you with this disposable income can send some to fucking Dean who just had to renew shit for the board instead of millionaire Triple H

Oh at least send some fucking Omaha Steaks

Shit...

• Like 1

The set-up move for the Pedigree is a low blow, not a kick to the stomach. And it's usually pretty obvious that H doesn't want his hand to touch another man's masculine area when he low blows them.

Just a little more follow up

Meltzer said it will be a one hour show immediately following NXT

And as we mentioned already - some of the matches will basically be tryouts for outside guys to see how the crowd react to them

EDIT - And the matches will be taped during the NXT tapings.

Dave's theory is that a typical taping will be 2 hours of NXT and 2 hours of Tournament stuff.

So there would be more NXT tapings during the summer

Again - that is his theory

Just a little more follow up

Meltzer said it will be a one hour show immediately following NXT

And as we mentioned already - some of the matches will basically be tryouts for outside guys to see how the crowd react to them

EDIT - And the matches will be taped during the NXT tapings.

Dave's theory is that a typical taping will be 2 hours of NXT and 2 hours of Tournament stuff.

So there would be more NXT tapings during the summer

Again - that is his theory

I've never said this before, and I'll probably never say this again, but I wish I lived in Florida.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, nofuture said:

PROGRESS just announced that they will hosting 2 qualifiers in April.  I wonder if they'll work with some Japanese promotion to do qualifiers. 

Will WWE give them some coin to help with production elements?

I've already convinced myself that the UK shows are going to be used to qualify Finn Balor and Neville (well would have been Neville)

Edited by RIPPA

PWInsider.com has learned from multiple sources that the current plan for WWE's Global Cruiserweight Series tournament is to tape the entire tournament the week of 6/20 at Full Sail Live in Winter Park, Florida.  The tournament is slated to tape over five days.

Competitors for the 32 Man tournament will begin to be revealed via qualifying matches held at EVOLVE, PROGRESS Wrestling and Revolution Pro next month and beyond.  WWE will also reveal talents via Internet and social media platforms as a way to familiarize viewers with performers who have not previously been on the WWE stage.

The series will debut this July for a 10 episode run on the WWE Network.  In an interview with PWInsider.com, Triple H noted that the hope is for the Series to become a recurring event for WWE.

7 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Can we follow our GoT model like we do for NXT with clearly marked threads for spoilers?

Absolutely - I will definitely try and figure out a good way to do it but I will have to see how the shows are taped

Of course - I realize it will be virtually impossible for me to stay spoiler free so I am a little sad about that.

And to answer  Mark's question - I am sure Meltzer will just blurt them out and then be incredulous as to why people get upset.