DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Ligero is in an odd position: obviously capable but a fake luchador in a business with plenty of real ones.

Probably why El Generico never got a 2nd look from WWE.

I wasn't around for the Generico run but wasn't his thing that he was obviously a fake luchador rather than someone hoping people will over look that?

WoS tribute guys like Busick

Someone probably hasn't seen much Busick.  I wouldn't lump him in with Sabre and Thatcher in the "float in and out of holds in goofy ways so it looks like ballet" crowd.  Thatcher almost doesn't belong there, either.

I think your description of WoS limbwork is actually limited and unfair. I watched a lot of WoS over the past two years. Some guys do work that limb-focused sort of match like ballet. Other guys look like they're trying to grind limbs down or break fingers. Busick fits right in that description. 

No problem, man.  It's just when I hear the term "WoS tribute act" or "WoS cosplay," it's a derisive term that reminds me of shit like Sabre and Scurll at BOLA last year. 

• Like 1

So will this be formatted like a single elimination tournament or will they have teams or such?  

Hopefully William Regal will book it.  

Since they said it would run for 10 weeks, I'd think it'd be single elimination.  31 matches over 10 one-hour shows sounds about right.  No time to do any sort of G1-style round robin stuff.

(edit: I'm reading the thread backwards, I see this has already been discussed.)

I know my automatic reaction to anything WWE at this point is "is New Day in it?", so if Xavier counts as under 205 can we get Big E Freebirded in tossing cruiserweights all over for a few rounds?

Cause we need that.

• Like 1

I didn't know I needed 

I would be giddy as a schoolgirl if some of the Chikara regulars got in with their gimmicks intact: Juan Francisco de Coronado, Jervis Cottonbelly, the Batiri (please!), Ashley Remington (double please), Pinkie Sanchez, et al...

- RAF

I didn't know I needed this until now, but holy cow I would love to see Jervis and Bayley meet up.  That'd be one of the most adorable moments in quite some time.