DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Are any of the wrestlers in this tourney already signed?  I'm assuming most anyone who goes deep in the tournament is on the company's radar and that a lot of guys are either signed or expected to do so in the near future,  I can't see us getting a Zach Sabre vs. Gran Metallik final, for example, unless both guys are signed or close to it.

BTW - the original claim was that they are doing weigh-ins before each taping

So technically one of the alternates could get in today - though I think the only guy close to the limit is Alexander (since Saez got eliminated)

Since they're mixing up the order of the tapings for the shows, I like how it seems they're putting the better matches on as the main events.  I would guess that the losers in the main events are people who made a good impression during their match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

Since they're mixing up the order of the tapings for the shows, I like how it seems they're putting the better matches on as the main events.  I would guess that the losers in the main events are people who made a good impression during their match.

It is still possible that everything else will air the same with Kendrick's match going on at the spot where Ibushi's match was (since Kendrick's match SHOULD have aired yesterday if they did it in order)

And basically they decided to feature Ibushi on the first show to draw people in

Caught a couple of minutes of the first show this morning... totally digging Trips' "borderless sports entertainment." That concept has a ton of legs and Bryan/Mauro make a stupendous announce team.

• Like 1

Just 2nd Rd

No extra matches except a dark match

But they don't need extra matches as 4 matches a show fills the entire time.

They would only need extra around the semis and finals (unless a match got 30 plus minutes)

Or I could have been totally lying

Okay - If the WWE followed their taping order, the 2nd Round is going to take 3 weeks. 

3 matches for 2 weeks and 2 matches for another.

We have already seen that they will move shit around so that is one I didn't even attempt to break the results into weeks this time.

Based on the tapings - they have to air things out of order or they are fools

Wow, what a good show.  It came off as so spontaneous and fun since it wasn't overproduced like Raw.  Bryan & Mauro were excellent and I didn't hear a single reference to a wrestler being "fun to watch."  Amazing how well an announcer can do when they don't a geriatric loon in their ears yelling at them to use catchprases and $10 words at every turn.

I noticed the ring looked smaller and had wider turnbuckle pads.  Good choice.

• Like 1

Ariya Daivari wrestled a couple of matches tonight at the Reality of Wrestling tv tapings.  He worked as a babyface, and was pretty impressive.  He does the magic carpet bit like his brother used to do.  He came off as a much bigger star than his brother ever has, though.  Hunter ought to sign him up, if he hasn't already.

• Like 1

I think the best part of this tournament will be that we have reason to follow a bunch of guys we'd have never heard of otherwise and see how good they are. Maluta, Saez, Daivari, and Petiot all seem like really interesting prospects that could go somewhere, and a month ago I'm guessing just about nobody here had heard of them.

All the props in the world to WWE's scouting picking these guys out of obscurity.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I think the best part of this tournament will be that we have reason to follow a bunch of guys we'd have never heard of otherwise and see how good they are. Maluta, Saez, Daivari, and Petiot all seem like really interesting prospects that could go somewhere, and a month ago I'm guessing just about nobody here had heard of them.

All the props in the world to WWE's scouting picking these guys out of obscurity.

William Regal has got to be WWE's greatest investment.

• Like 6

Rewatching the first episode: why did they have a bunch of the wrestlers stand so awkwardly in the pre-match graphics?

Spoiler

9vHuu6S.png

9DYqhKf.png

VckAox5.png

y02tmxp.png

I'm imagining the photographer saying "OK, that looks good, but can you stand with your feet a little closer together?... a little closer than that... closer... closer... closer... closer... perfect."