victor

Main Event:

* Kevin Owens defeated Jack Swagger with a pop-up powerbomb

* The Dudley Boyz defeated The Ascension

* Backstage promo from Rusev and Lana

* Rusev defeated Ryback with The Accolade

Smackdown:

* Neville vs. Kalisto for the WWE United States Title will take place tonight

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are out to start the show. Francesca 2 is over. The Miz joins them and they all rag on The Rock until The Usos interrupt. This segment leads to a match

* Dolph Ziggler, Titus O'Neil and The Usos defeated The Miz and The New Day

* Kalisto retains the WWE United States Title over Neville

* The Highlight Reel with Roman Reigns and WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose is interrupted by The Wyatt Family. Tonight's main event is made - Chris Jericho, Reigns and Ambrose vs. The Wyatts

* AJ Styles defeated Curtis Axel with the Styles Clash after the Social Outcasts called him out

* WWE Divas Champion Charlotte with Ric Flair defeated Natalya in a non-title match. After the match, Charlotte beats Natalya down until Becky Lynch makes the save

* Backstage segment with Sasha Banks apparently splitting from Tamina Snuka and Naomi, saying she's done with them

* Segment from earlier today with Goldust still trying to talk R-Truth into forming a tag team

* Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper ends in a DQ when Braun Strowman interferes. The Wyatts beat on the babyfaces until Big Show runs down for the save. Show gets beat down but comes back and the babyfaces clear the ring.

* Backstage segment with Sasha Banks apparently splitting from Tamina Snuka and Naomi, saying she's done with them

Turns out the last 6 months where she hadn't made it was just a dream, now there's nothing dragging her down.

• Like 1

Here are the spoilers via the WON with slightly different details

New Day opened the show.  The ran down The Rock because he didn't hold any championships.  The Miz came out and agreed with them, and said Rock had disrespected him, and he's a fellow movie star.  The Usos came out and ran down Miz.  The New Day said that the Usos were riding Cousin Dewey's coattails.  Then Titus O'Neil & Dolph Ziggler came out and we had a match.

Usos & Ziggler & O'Neil beat new Day & Miz.  O'Neil pinned Miz with Clash of the Titus.

Kalisto beat Neville in a U.S. title match.  Good match with a  Salida del Sol finish.

Chris Jericho was out for the Highlight Reel.  He talked about his match with Styles on raw and said had two of the Fast Lane main event participants on the show.  Ambrose and Reigns came out.  Ambrose was cheered and Reigns had a mixed reaction.  Reigns said how he and Ambrose started their career in a warehouse in Tampa.  Didn't Ambrose start in Cincinnati?  Jericho tried to stir things up.  They both put over that Brock Lesnar was a monster.  Reigns told Ambrose that he's never been able to beat him before so good luck.  The Wyatts then came out and talked about what they did to Lesnar in the Rumble.  Wyatt challenged all three to a six-man tag for the main event.

A.J. Styles beat Curtis Axel with the Styles clash in a short match even though the other Social Outcasts interfered.

Charlotte beat Natalya in a non-title match.  Quick match.  Becky Lynch made the save when Charlotte attacked Natalya after the match.

Sasha Banks, Tamina and Naomi were backstage taking about Banks going after the title.  They teased the idea they may be splitting up down the line.

R-Truth and Goldust did a comedy segment

Jericho & Ambrose & Reigns beat Wyatt & Harper & Rowan via DQ.  Strowman interfered.  The Wyatts were beating up on the faces until Big Show came out.  They all beat down Show until Jericho & Ambrose & Reigns recovered and cleaned house.

I can't even remember anymore if this is a turn for Big Show.

They started the turn when they had him face Heath Slater last week on RAW. I guess it completed on Smackdown.

Best face-turn ever:

Waiting for the Styles Clash would have been silly, Old Lady Taker was doing it for years.

There was an opening match with Breeze vs Mizark Henry that could have been taped for Smackdown also.

The Main Event matches were all pretty good, especially Owens vs Swagger.

Kalisto sucks, and seeing him vs Neville really makes me wish Neville was in his spot.  Give the guy a mask and he'd be the best luchador in the company.

• Like 1

With Kevin Owens fending off Styles, Zayn and Ambrose at the Rumble, I could see them doing another multi-man IC ladder match at Wrestlemania.

Would probably be a waste of talent putting all those guys in one match, but it would be guaranteed to be a good one.

• Like 1

Not here, but I've seen people who were complaining about AJ "not being allowed" to use the Clash at the Rumble or RAW now complaining that they "wasted the debut" against Axel.

Like, I get WWE has burned people so many times and all... but at this point it seems like it doesn't even matter what they do, people will find an angle to turn it into some kind of negative.

• Like 3

Not here, but I've seen people who were complaining about AJ "not being allowed" to use the Clash at the Rumble or RAW now complaining that they "wasted the debut" against Axel.

Like, I get WWE has burned people so many times and all... but at this point it seems like it doesn't even matter what they do, people will find an angle to turn it into some kind of negative.

As you sow, shall you reap.

• Like 1

So I'm not sure if the loss to Kalisto is a big loss for Neville or a big win for Kalisto. Neville realistically has been protected in the win-loss column (losing to Rollins, Owens, Rusev, Barrett, Sheamus, Del Rio, Stardust, Ziggler). Neville technically holds a victory over then-US Champ Cena (Which Cena sold by not kicking out of the Red Arrow when Rusev interfered).

Neville, I think, is viewed at in that weird upper midcard role where he's above the midcard titles but just below the WHC level. Plus the big draw with him is his finisher (which helps give a reason why he wins a lot). So I think having Kalisto get the win over Neville shows where they think Kalisto is in their pecking order and gives me hope they might actually let Kalisto run with the belt for a bit

I don't understand what you're complaining about. It's perfectly consistent to believe that the Styles Clash shouldn't be restricted but that if it was going to be, there should've been a much better payoff.

• Like 1

And so much for "saving the Styles Clash for something special."

Was just about to post that. No idea why he didn't do it on Jericho, then.

Not that I'd be surprised if they still make a big deal out of it finally happen on a show people actually watch.