DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-25-16 - The Rock Returns and Saves WWE for One Night

MGFanJay

Yeah, none of this is an actual thing.  Not even remotely.  ( blah blah blah)

Because you say so?  Okay, then.  So Rock was just reminiscing about romance, women are never portrayed poorly in wrestling and nobody is ever booked in a bad way as punishment.  Glad we got that sorted.  To stay consistent, please never comment on any wrestling news stories from Meltzer, etc because they're not credible in your mind.

Yeah, none of this is an actual thing.  Not even remotely.  ( blah blah blah)

Because you say so?  Okay, then.  So Rock was just reminiscing about romance, women are never portrayed poorly in wrestling and nobody is ever booked in a bad way as punishment.  Glad we got that sorted.  To stay consistent, please never comment on any wrestling news stories from Meltzer, etc because they're not credible in your mind.

He didn't give those words any credibility.  It's completely an opinion based on speculation not fact or evidence.  Keep reaching.   

Alexa Bliss has maybe a thimbleful of Lana's presence or charisma, so I don't see the comparison.

Lana has shown zero charisma or presence since turning face, and that fake Russian gimmick always had a short lifespan. She's over now because she's hot, and Alexa will get over for the same reason only she actually has upside and can wrestle.

He said, in his own Meltzerian way, that she did some shit someone didn't like and this was her punishment.  But keep being contrarian.  That never gets old.

The fact that it's not even a real punishment isn't even enough to dissuade you from believing this garbage.  Have a good one. 

Rock was just talking about doing some exercises you guys are reading too much into it. Seriously though just release Lana, and get it over with. Bring up Alexa Bliss the next week, and no one will miss Lana.

And then in a few months she'll get a pop in the Impact Zone.

I would sa Bliss has more character, promo ability, and upside than Lana due to being able to wrestle, too. I would agree no one will care if she's gone, since no one seemed to care about her at all since the dolph Debacle

Anyone who is paired with 2015 Dolph Ziggler would be fucked. Ziggler would make The Rock seem dull, much less Lana, and it's not like Ziggler was really ever over for his mic work. Meanwhile, Summer Rae and Rusev are dripping charisma, so it's no surprise that they got their part of the angle over while Lana was forced to play second to Ziggler. Summer Rae is REALLY badly misused on that roster, arguably the most misused talent they have right now in a few ways. 

She still gets "We Want Lana" chants, and there are a lot of other good-looking women on this roster that don't get the same chants, so it's not a looks thing. 

Also, Bliss is kinda shitty, guys. I know she looks vaguely like Trish Stratus, but she still seems like she's play-acting at being her character instead of actually inhabiting that character. I believe that she can get better on the mic and in the ring, but right now, I'm not seeing what makes her better than Lana at anything. 

• Like 1

Dolph is now the career killer AJ may want to avoid a feud with him like the plague. Bliss is better than Lana at not changing her accent every other segment so there's that. I'm mean to hear some people talk you'd think Lana was the second coming of Bobby Heenan. She played a one note 80's cartoon character reasonably well, and got over because of her looks. There's nothing special there folks.

"She still gets "We Want Lana" chants, and there are a lot of other good-looking women on this roster that don't get the same chants, so it's not a looks thing."

lol I'm sure the fans want her to come out so they can hear her talk or watch her wrestle. It's a bunch of neckbeards that want to snap pictures of her butt in a tight skirt.

Lana was exposed in the Ziggler angle as being... not having a lot of range?  She can do Drago's wife from Rocky IV and not much else.  Summer Rae out performed her on every level and Summer has even less of a presence on the show than Lana does right now.  What did Summer do to get punished guys?  Bliss is way more interesting as the leader of BAMF which is an enhancement role on the developmental show.

If Summer's upset, she has every right to be.  It was a garbage story, but she finally was on TV consistently.  And she nailed her performance.  Next thing she knows, Lana's heat is burning her and she's put with a now non-pushed Tyler Breeze and is gone from TV again.  That sort of thing would chap my lips.

• Like 1

1. I'm pretty confident nobody is gonna be the next Trish Stratus in this day and age. PG era pretty severely hinders any woman from getting over just by overt sexualization (this is not a bad thing mind you) and audiences today want some wrestling ability right out of the gate. Eva Marie would've been a star in the early 2000s a la Torrie Wilson and Stacy Kiebler. Likewise, Wilson and Kiebler would be dead in the water today. It took Trish a good 3-4 years to get solid in the ring, but she could rely on T&A matches and angles (and I ain't talking about Andrew Martin and Matt Bloom) to stay over in the mean time, then it looked even better when she became a good wrestler when that was the prevailing style she was brought up in. That just isn't a path that's available to women wrestlers today in WWE.

2. I know we all love NXT, but what is with these crazy reaches for "pro comps" with the current talent? First I see someone say Jason Jordan is the next Rock, and now Alexa is the next Trish? I think Tyler Breeze was 92 Shawn at one point too, and well, I digress... Trish Stratus is perhaps the most inspirational woman in WWE history. Her work ethic in a situation where it wasn't expected and the fact that she ended up having a decent in-ring legacy despite having little if any talent or inspired writing to work with until her last couple of years is no small feat. Alexa may well equal or surpass Trish in terms of ring work when it's all said and done (and honestly given Alexa's environment, it would be damning if she didn't), but I will say with great confidence, she will never be an iconic figure on the level of Trish. There was a lot more to Trish than being short and blonde.

As far as "tag team managers that are primarily sex appeal at first but have some discernible athleticism that indicates potential talent despite their current green-ness" go, let's see if she can become the next Melina before we even think about drawing comparisons to Trish.