DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I'm just thankful that at least it appears we have a legitimate plan on improving year by year. And at least we're not Cleveland.

I think you have to wait for them to confirm what they are doing at QB before you can safely say that.

• Like 1

I'm just thankful that at least it appears we have a legitimate plan on improving year by year. And at least we're not Cleveland.

I think you have to wait for them to confirm what they are doing at QB before you can safely say that.

True, although early reports are that the Skins will franchise Cousins if necessary.  Now, are there teams that are desperate enough to give up two first rounders for Cousins?  Probably.

True, although early reports are that the Skins will franchise Cousins if necessary. Now, are there teams that are desperate enough to give up two first rounders for Cousins? Probably.

Well, I don't know how many people view giving Cousins $19mil a good thing. Never beat a .500 team this season. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Over 300 yards, two scores (1 rushing), 91.7 rating... The two fumbles are the only major blight on his stat line.

He didn't have done great lights out game, but blaming him... You'd have to be insane enough to think RGIII was still a viable option!

True, although early reports are that the Skins will franchise Cousins if necessary. Now, are there teams that are desperate enough to give up two first rounders for Cousins? Probably.

Well, I don't know how many people view giving Cousins $19mil a good thing. Never beat a .500 team this season. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Here's the problem: the Skins have no one else.  And the best free agent QB other than Cousins is probably Bradford.  And the Skins have way more pressing needs.  So at least sign Cousins for one or two more years and see what he can do.  Otherwise it's back to the drawing board.

Over 300 yards, two scores (1 rushing), 91.7 rating... The two fumbles are the only major blight on his stat line.

He didn't have done great lights out game, but blaming him... You'd have to be insane enough to think RGIII was still a viable option!

You need to listen to DC sports radio...

• Like 1

It's true, but his numbers were excellent while beating bad teams, which is more than a lot of guys can say. At least if they franchise him, and he regresses, they can get out of it after just the one year.

I'm rather certain I don't need that...

• Like 1

I hear they're going to make him offensive coordinator cause he knows just how to run a defense that allows the most yards and points ever. Just to see if it works somehow.

• Like 1

I don't think I'd have a problem with it, he got a raw deal in Oakland and they were 8-8 in his one year.  I didn't know what to think with Chip.  Him with say Kaepernick would be intriguing but it could also be a total mess.

Yeah he was 8-8 in Oakland but that Carson Palmer trade was ugly and he tried to pull a power play at the end

• Like 1

I tried that. Their game day dudes were awful.

I don't think I'd have a problem with it, he got a raw deal in Oakland and they were 8-8 in his one year.  I didn't know what to think with Chip.  Him with say Kaepernick would be intriguing but it could also be a total mess.

Yeah he was 8-8 in Oakland but that Carson Palmer trade was ugly and he tried to pull a power play at the end

Yeah.  And it was a flukey-ass 8-8 at that.  The AFC West was dogshit that year and if not for Jason Campbell having the best 6 weeks of his life to start the season, it probably would have not been that good.

Then Campbell went down and Hue pushed for that fucking Palmer trade (which was insane on every fucking level - not to mention the fact that Palmer proceeded to be dogshit with the Raiders) which basically fucked the Raiders over for 3 years.

Then Hue wanted front office control after the season - AFTER that fucking Palmer disaster.  Thus, no Raider fan wept when they told Hue to go fuck himself.

But hey, I guess Hue kept Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron from puking on themselves.  So...brightside?

Just watched Coughlin's exit press conference and can see why he is being interviewed. Lurie gave a press conference after firing Kelly. Lurie said all the things he is looking for in a coach. Coughlin's press conference hit on every point that Lurie made. I suspect though that if the Eagles want him they will have to sell Coughlin on taking the job. Not vice versa. I know after watching it I became hopeful that he gets hired here. I'm far from qualified to judge who is going to make a good coach though. At least in his case he has a track record. Don't know what to think about all the assistants that get interviewed. 

Yeah.  The SB1 story has been a rumor for so long that I just figured we'd never see it at this point.  I remember just maybe 2-3 years ago, the rumor was hot and heavy that the NFL Network was going to push the button but I don't know what happened with that.

According to the article, the NFL pieced together the CBS and NBC feeds to get all the plays together and they are throwing the NBC radio telecast over it.

That's disappointing, a copy of the CBS broadcast of SB1 was found about ten years ago and the NFL only offered the guy $30,000 for it since he can't sell it to anyone else. What they'll show is all of the NFL Films footage edited together to simulate a broadcast, they did this for the famous Colts-Giants NFL Championship Game a few years ago.

Nobody needs to do that, and Cousins wasn't that good yesterday.  He didn't make a single play in crunch time, and there were at least two dropped interceptions in the fourth quarter.  He had a good season, but paying him $20 million a year would scare me to death.  He played a very easy schedule and was pretty bad against all of the good teams they played.  Don't forget this is the exact same position you were in with RGIII, except that more money is on the line.

That's disappointing, a copy of the CBS broadcast of SB1 was found about ten years ago and the NFL only offered the guy $30,000 for it since he can't sell it to anyone else. What they'll show is all of the NFL Films footage edited together to simulate a broadcast, they did this for the famous Colts-Giants NFL Championship Game a few years ago.

Yeah, I recall watching part of the Giants-Colts game they pieced together and it seemed...wonky.  Then again, the way the NFL Network pieces together games doesn't do a lot for me anyway.

I'll reserve judgement on this until I see it, but this doesn't seem too great a proposition.  Then again, I'm a sucker for old games so I know I'll still watch.  Shrug.

Nobody needs to do that, and Cousins wasn't that good yesterday.  He didn't make a single play in crunch time, and there were at least two dropped interceptions in the fourth quarter.  He had a good season, but paying him $20 million a year would scare me to death.  He played a very easy schedule and was pretty bad against all of the good teams they played.  Don't forget this is the exact same position you were in with RGIII, except that more money is on the line.

Everybody outside the DC area can see that the emperor has no clothes and Cousins only beat losers en route to winning a dumpster fire of a division.  But this is a fanbase eager to fellate every new savior that comes down the pike.  Cousins is Football Jesus in the DC area right now and the fans would burn Snyder's house down if he didn't re-sign him.